Cats drifting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/06/cats-drifting.html

17 Likes

Damn, I wanted to see if cat #1 made it through first.

11 Likes

DEFINITELY needed this today. Giggled over the soundtrack each time.

13 Likes

Link for BBS

8 Likes

Read the room, Rob. We will need the cats for a chaser later tonight if we don’t have mass riots.

:wink:

7 Likes

In our previous home, my mom’s cats had to make a sharp right to get to the food dishes. Failure resulted in crashing into the oven door.

11 Likes

Thank you, @beschizza, I definitely needed this at this exact moment.

8 Likes

Spot on. Damn good timing.

7 Likes

This is strangely relaxing.

5 Likes

This is how I drive in video games - full speed, oh, overshot my turn, I can still make it if I just break a bit and veer back in that direction…

5 Likes

Wait, cars in video games have brakes now? Wow, the future must have arrived when I wasn’t looking.

3 Likes

Um…Wipeout had brakes with the game’s PS 1 debut?

1 Like

Unclear comment was a reflection of my own in-game driving habits.

2 Likes

Fair enough! I was quite guilty of going full-throttle no matter what back in the day (on some courses, it’s totally justified).

2 Likes

Defiantly too short. Needs Blues Brother’s sountrack. :smiley_cat: :smile_cat: :joy_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :smirk_cat: :kissing_cat: :scream_cat: :pouting_cat: :cat2:

2 Likes

Cat drifting occurs daily in my house with the tile floors. All you need to set them off is a knock at the door, or judicious use of the laser pointer. I should start recording these.

Anyway, good video.

2 Likes

Excellent choice of soundtrack!
We used to have more feline drift in this joint, but we got a long runner carpet so now it’s more like a launchpad/landing strip. There’s a big homemade cat tree up to the ceiling on one end, so there’s even takeoff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The largest of my four cats (a fluffy 15-pounder) is terrified of people for no apparent reason, so when someone knocks on the door or comes into the house, he flees. One day, a house guest surprised him when he was lying in the bathroom sink. He leaped out, landed on the tile floor, and ran sideways in place for fifteen seconds before he got enough traction to disappear. I really wish I’d had a camera.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.