Cat litter: The GOPs latest social media inspired moral panic

Uh, yeah, that’s actually the dark heart of this story, that got buried towards the end - that there’s one exception to this being a complete myth, a school district where they do have cat litter in classrooms:

The district — where Columbine High School is located — has been stocking classrooms with small amounts of cat litter since 2017, but as part of “go buckets” that contain emergency supplies in case students are locked in a classroom during a shooting. The buckets also contain candy for diabetic students, a map of the school, flashlights, wet wipes and first aid items.

This is so important, as this fucked-up propaganda being used by the right to mock trans kids is ultimately, in reality, an indictment of the right instead, not just because of the story being made up as part of their mission to abuse kids, but because the core truth is a result of their insistence that guns are more important than kids.

28 Likes

For similar applications they make dry toilets that are essentially the fancy civil defense version of a bucket half full of cat litter.

4 Likes

Yeah. ann rand fanfic is their fucking policy, when they have policies, that is.

3 Likes

Sometimes, I wonder if GOP/MAGA have their sense of humor surgically excised. What everybody else knows to be ridiculous, they took it seriously and gets outraged over it. Maybe that’s their branding statement: “we have no sense of humor. EVERYTHING we don’t agree with offends us.”

Personally, it’s the “moral outrage” of one parent who unilaterally decided that kids+furry=woke and made up a story to go viral.

But why revive this stupidity 10-11 months later? Guess they are REALLY desperate for some OTHER outrage to distract from all the ones on Trump and Walker.

6 Likes

It has become evident that the “conservatives” have become totally unmoored from Objective Reality. I guess if you’re gullible enough to fall for Trumplethinskin’s “Big Lie”, there is literally nothing that you can’t be convinced of.

9 Likes

I have see one teacher admit (on Twitter) that she keeps a bag of cat litter in her classroom… to soak up vomit. It also helps absorb the smell. Sounds reasonable to me.

I’m sooo tired of the obviously nonsensical moral panic bullshit.

17 Likes

Actually, I think this commentator hit the nail on the head: the “make fun of furries” is actually a disguised “outrage” against the LGBTQ+ community. Furries do NOT identify as animal. It’s merely a role-play element they adopt occasionally. But LGBTQ+ do “identify” as those roles.

Makes a lot more sense as LGBTQ+ teens are under attack in multiple Red states esp. Texas and Florida.

10 Likes

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

8 Likes

GOP’ers are projecting what they do at home.

1 Like

Surely you’re not suggesting “Libs of TikTok” is not a reliable source of information :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Two ways to take that, and closer to one of two ways.

4 Likes

OMG. Everybody… please join in.

See the source image

17 Likes

Man, for several years I’ve been talking about the homophobia and transphobia by proxy that is going on with the Furry bullying and really irritating to watch it go more mainstream-ish.

A few friends have written about this last January tracking some of the original origins of this shit.

8 Likes

Since the article says “Every school district that has been named by those 20 politicians…” it sounds like they are happy to answer the “where” question. They just lie.

I’m sure if you pressed them, they would tell you which bathroom on which hallway of which floor of which school in which district, and who cares that the school says it’s BS.

3 Likes

I used to work for a bank that still had a bunch of old Civil Defense supplies down in the basement. There were these big cardboard barrels lined with plastic bags and instructions to fill them with water and then siphon it out to drink, When it was empty, you put an included toilet seat on top and fill it back up again.

1 Like

No, but it means if you pee on stuff then it’s yours.

3 Likes

This is also a good opportunity to remember how kind and decent Furries can be.

17 Likes

Until someone else pees on it. At which point, they can have it.
It makes sense, actually.

1 Like

And start the whole process over?

These christofascists identify as ‘christians’, too.
Doesn’t mean they actually are

‘Belief’ doesn’t matter.
Outrage does, and that’s how the minority is able to get bullshit laws passed.

3 Likes