Cat regrets going out in snow

Originally published at: Cat regrets going out in snow | Boing Boing

12 Likes

The second when the owner laughed? That’s the moment when the cat scheduled the couch for a major shredding.

24 Likes

I would have been out there barefoot in my shorts.

All of our cats are 100% indoors, every once in a while they follow us out but once they get a few feet of the porch they just stop and reconsider what they just did. Our oldest sickest cat gets to visit the backyard on nice warm days but he just sits there and looks around always under very close adult supervision.

9 Likes

Daniel Radcliffe GIF by Madman Films

8 Likes

This is “cat torture”, I just can’t go there. /s

3 Likes

5cd8efad2175917e308c1105080bac4f2415e28d_2_500x500

39 Likes

Then, presumably, immediately asks to go outside again.

17 Likes

bu8fJbS

Meanwhile the husky be like:

Husky

13 Likes

Fluffernutter is an absolutely fabulous and elegant Himalayan cat, with all that entails, including extra fur between his toes to protect his feetsies from the cold if he were an outdoor cat. One day we had a few good inches of snow, and we thought Fluffy might appreciate getting in touch with his snow-encrusted heritage. So we took him outside to bound through the fresh-fallen snow a bit.

The experiment ended quickly, as he panic-peed all over everything as soon as his precious toes touched the snow.

I guess everyone learned something that day.

12 Likes

Every 6 months or so, my cat would forget how he hates the outdoors, and begged to be out. One winter, I carried him out, dropped him in a snowbank, and immediately got a 6 month reprieve from asking again.
His only positive outdoor experiences happened 4 feet from the front door, where he’d roll around, scratching his back on the cement.

15 Likes

must have looked something like this

5 Likes

What a great cat. Love his voice :smiley:

And now these:

snodog

snow doggo

sno doge

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.