Catholic priest pointed rifle at 8-year-old boy and threatened to shoot him for liking the wrong sports team

[Read the post]

1 Like

In all fairness, the kid was a Cowboys fan.

19 Likes

go sports team!

7 Likes

A musket? That he keeps conveniently loaded? Or ornamental?

4 Likes

To be fair that’s not the worst thing a Catholic priest has pointed at an 8-year old.

34 Likes

Assuming he is a Patriots fan?

At any rate, even if it was a Nerf gun, not appropriate behavior.

4 Likes

“My son, the Lord forgives many things. But not Dallas.”

3 Likes

The optics and judgment on display are still pretty bad, but several accounts indicate the boy and his family were laughing before, during, and after the incident.

Just sayin.

4 Likes

Wait - aren’t you in the UK? How do you know about Dallas? Is it that bad that even the UK knows?

3 Likes

If you take any team this seriously you are not a fan you are a lunatic. Fans of that team need to realize that there is a point of going too far in support. Does anyone think that a member of the Giants would be happy if the priest just scarred the kid without a gun?

1 Like

Seattle’s in the UK? (and wasn’t that a well deserved win yesterday?)

Also, I’ve spent months in Texas.

1 Like

7 Likes

Is there no justice in the world?

OK - well you said you were English - and have a cricket player avatar - I guess just not IN England.

Fanatic.

1 Like

Just to really rub it in.

Well that’s no crime then. I was afraid the priest liked Dallas!

1 Like

So says the prosecutors office. Witnesses who are not secret have a different story. http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2015/10/parishioners_support_nj_priest_accused_of_aiming_g.html

3 Likes

Sacramental.

That is terrible! You’re terrible!

1 Like