Caucasian Ovcharka determines child lacks skills necessary to play at beach

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/22/caucasian-ovcharka-determines.html

9 Likes
17 Likes

A CO is the kind of dog that scares my dog.

12 Likes

The dog looks at the wave coming in and thinks, “This might not work.” Watches the kid flounder and then takes action. I wish that dog was my president.

39 Likes

I had a dog with similar characteristics: guardian, willful, intelligent, aggressive. He was a Kangal Dog, from Turkey. For a male of that breed, he was smallish at only 126 lbs (although he ballooned to over 180 when he was on prednisone). He was a poor choice for city life. Too aggressive toward other dogs, too destructive in the house, borderline untrainable. It’s not that he didn’t understand commands–he understood EVERYTHING. But he made his own decisions, and merely took our commands under advisement. We were never scared of him for our own sakes. He would (very) happily fight anyone and anything to protect us, or to assert our collective dominance manifested through him. We were very worried about what he might do to the world at large. Walking him was very difficult.

As a rare breed in the US with very limited genetic diversity available, he was fraught with problems and died at age 5.

Loved that dog so much. I hope we gave him a good life.

26 Likes

We would be at war with everyone and everything.

10 Likes

Was anyone else (unfamiliar with dog breeds) expecting an article about a Russian rapper’s parody diss track about their nephew’s poor sandcastle-building skills?

10 Likes

Canine Overlord immediately corrects the situation.

My Dog Person does this by spilling my drink, gosh I love that dog.

5 Likes

Are you sure that’s not Mouse? You know, Harry Dresden’s pupper.

11 Likes

on the contrary, the furry crocodile is just taking the child down in the water for a little rolling around prior to consuming it.

7 Likes

Foo temple dogs ftw!

5 Likes

Newfies are the same - it’s impossible to keep them out of water and impossible to keep small kids in water when one is around to act as a guard.

9 Likes

Or there would just be a lot of aggressive peeing along the borders.

8 Likes

That’s an odd reboot of Baywatch, but it has potential.

23 Likes

Again, how is that different from the current situation.

12 Likes

For real. Isn’t aggressive peeing the main point in the Steele dossier?

3 Likes

You almost owe me a new keyboard.

2 Likes

I visited an internet friend while on a road trip once, and when I pulled up at night the first encounter I had was his bear-sized dog excitedly jumping up on the side of the car and shaking the whole thing. I never had and never have seen such an immense dog before, but it wasn’t a Saint Bernard or Great Dane, and I couldn’t remember what it was, if he told me. Looks like that question may have been answered- I do remember it was a big, fluffy, shaggy kind.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly! I haven’t read the article yet, and now you’ve gone and ruined it for me! A dog?!

:wink:

1 Like

Will it cut me off and chase me home from the bar?