CBS Boston thinks EDM is MDMA

[Permalink]

At 0:37 the officer says:

“This clearly didn’t happen last night at Billy Joel.”

To summarize: Piano Man Good, DJs baaad.

1 Like

Some people swear by Plunge EDM, but for me? Wire EDM is the only way to go.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, it’s not like the two are entirely unrelated.

While you are right that many of the folk enjoying EDM might have recently partaken in some MDMA, Saying they’re actually the same thing is like saying that if you just listened to Purple Haze, Congratulations, You just took Acid! I suspect whomever did this report has already had this pointed out to them, and feels suitably stupid.

Fun to see overuse of acronym troubles migrate out of the tech sphere. (Acronym issue #12, use them enough, they no longer connect to actual underlying concepts)

3 Likes

This is a journalist you’re talking about, right?

3 Likes

I went looking for the video, but all i found on CBS Boston YouTube is this:
Study: Marijuana Could Cause Heart Complications In Young Adults
http://youtu.be/Op_bbnW88cU

video be gone

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylone

“Methylone resembles MDMA in its behavioral profile,[citation needed] as it substitutes for MDMA in rats trained to discriminate MDMA from saline. Methylone does not substitute for amphetamine or for the hallucinogenic DOM in animals trained to discriminate between these drugs and saline.”

I have this vision of some rats sitting around with tasting portions of drugs and giving their opinions of the taste, nose, feel.

This one has hints of black cherry and cinnamon with a subtle β-mercapto nose and makes me feel like dancing.

3 Likes

I’m confused as to why people like early day motions so much.

Is that anything like Trippy HTML?

Video removed due to a copyright claim by CBS.

I preferred butylone, myself. Like ecstasy, but cold. Makes you wanna dance, but you can still hate people.

I’d say something witty but I’m all fucked up on jenkem.

I cannot criticize. Right up until now I’d never heard of Molly, EDM, or MDMA.

I’m going to drop a couple of tabs of ABBA & laugh my ass off at these actors playing journalists on TV.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.