CBS News catches ICE Spokesman being intimidated by Homeland Security agents on video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/28/cbs-news-catches-ice-spokesman.html

8 Likes

holy-fuck-thats-greasy

27 Likes

Busted.

21 Likes

Is ICE now hiring goons from the Cult of $cientology to harass people who criticise them? That’s what this little stunt reminded me of.

24 Likes

Don’t say it’s confidential and don’t try to intimidate a reporter with a camera running.

This ought to be basic thuggery training.

22 Likes

Nail the bastards to the wall. What delicious timing!

8 Likes

There’s an excellent possibility that I may have spent a decade in Nova Scotia…

5 Likes

Wait til the IRS just happens to choose him for a random audit. You know, the ones that are down to one in 100,000.

11 Likes

“The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989 (WPA) is a law that protects federal government employees in the United States from retaliatory action for voluntarily disclosing information about dishonest or illegal activities occurring at a government organization.”

10 Likes

The U.S. Office of Special Counsel handles fed whistleblower complaints. This person should make a beeline there.

4 Likes

No, by all means. DO say it’s confidential and try to intimidate the reporter as the camera is rolling. If you have a mustache or a goatee, please reach up and twirl/stroke it as well.

The last thing we want is for these thugs to get better at their jobs.

3 Likes

Wait, did the news crew catch ICE, or did the ICE thugs show up to stop/interrupt the interview?

2 Likes

Does someone have a link to an internationally-viewable version of the video? I would appreciate it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Now I have to watch.

eta: except I can’t.

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

1 Like

It’s not quite as crazy as the anti-squirrel squad (or whatever they call themselves) but it gives off the same vibe. It’s a couple of goons in suits showing up unannounced and uninvited on the private property of someone who “betrayed” the organisation, freaking out the person and his family, not saying why they’re there when asked, and not leaving.

1 Like

It will get worse.

im voting for anyone who wants to abolish ice. shrub and his wounded warrior paintings can go f themselves. the man not only ignored the signs for the world trade center attacks, not only brought the afganistan and iraq wars to the world, not to mention the financial collapse, he brought us ice.

who am i kidding? i am voting for anyone other than trump, and hoping he’s gone even before that.

[ apologies for the edits. my phone hates talking about politics. ]

1 Like

The government can choose to enforce as many or few laws as it wants. Or do even the opposite of what the law says it absolutely must do, as the trump administration proves.

In fact the president can keep ordering illegal things to be done and never be impeached because the republicans are all either gutless spineless cowards or just gluttons benefiting too much from his abuses.

9 Likes