Celebrate Star Trek’s 50th anniversary by revisiting Deep Space Nine

It takes me a few tries, but I’m able to get to the next page.

Don’t remind me. It’s 7x14 ‘Sub Rosa’.

3 Likes

That wasn’t the “Quaint Irish Villagers” episode, it was the “Haunted Scottish Planet” episode!

10 Likes

Right you are, how embarrassing.

6 Likes

No, this guy!

I wasn’t a fan of that episode either, though (the one you mention) as that was all they seemed to give Crusher… Another reason I like DS9, the women in the series got much better story lines than the women in TNG. Kira especially had some great stories dealing with the occupation and its after effects. Only later did Troi get some depth, and they never got around to it with Crusher…

5 Likes

Now that I’m thinking of it, they never did get around to visiting Space Wales.

8 Likes

Yoink.

3 Likes

How about we set an entire Trek series in space Wales? I’d watch it just for the accents!

9 Likes

Rumor has it that ‘Darmok’ was originally about visiting the planet of no vowels and too many consonants but changed it to be metaphor stories instead. Less confusing that way.

12 Likes

No, the Space Whales came to visit Earth.

14 Likes

14 Likes

The one thing I have determined on a recent re-watch of DS9 and TNG is this.
In Doctor Who, it’s clear the rest of the galaxy is made up of nothing but quarries.
In ST, it’s made up of nothing but caves.

Seriously. How many convenient caves did we find throughout the series run?

8 Likes

From what I understand my daughter’s friend’s father has been in every Star Trek series except TOS.

1 Like

I don’t think I ever saw that final season of DS9…
Did they ever tidy up the bromance?

5 Likes

My favorite of that is Phil Morris I do love that DS9 seemed to go out of their way to cast as many TOS actors in the show as possible. Wheras TNG early on was forbidden to ties back to TOS as much as possible, DS9 embraced them.

4 Likes

No unfortunately. However the two actors have written a further “conversation” between Bashir and Garak that they have performed at conventions and it is lovely.

3 Likes

IIRC, “Delta and the Bannermen” (Dr Who, w Sylvester McCoy) features several welsh accents.

2 Likes

So you’re saying you’re displeased?

2 Likes

I’m glad the thread got some edgelords to show up and share their contrarian hot takes on DS9.

4 Likes

There needs to be a Jake Sisko fashion line… (his pre-vest period)

22 Likes