CEO of Better apologizes to his remaining employees for insulting their outgoing colleagues on the way out the door

Originally published at: CEO of Better apologizes to his remaining employees for insulting their outgoing colleagues on the way out the door | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Translation: “please don’t sue me or get the government to look further into my shady business practises!”

23 Likes

17 Likes

Maybe Betterer, but definitely not Betterest.

4 Likes

Wow, showing your true colours AGAIN here.

‘in doing so, I embarrassed YOU’?!

F’ing OWN it.

‘In doing so, I embarrassed MYSELF’.

13 Likes

I’m not a fan of the whole cancel culture, but we somehow get this guy canceled please?

7 Likes

As if he could feel shame or embarasment! lol

Seriously, that requires reflection and compassion and a basic understanding that other people could view you in a negative light… which are not qualities that people look for in a business leader.

4 Likes

Someone probably realized that all the remaining employees’ LinkedIn profiles suddenly showed them as ‘on the market’, as they should be after seeing that enormous red flag.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Clearly, he could have done better.

5 Likes

Gosh, what makes you say that? /s

4 Likes

“I’m such an asshole…”

4 Likes

Hopefully the remaining Better employees also go on to better jobs.

3 Likes

Exactly. He didn’t embarrass his other employees, he insulted them by showing how little he thinks of their contributions to his salary and success.

Just another reason every person there should be sending out resumes ASAP…

5 Likes

TLDR: ‘Please why won’t anyone realise I’m the real victim here?’

5 Likes

The worst part is when he said "The last time I did it, I cried . This time I hope to be stronger.”

The people you are firing don’t care about your strength. They are unemployed because of you.

5 Likes

Tragedy is when I have hurt feelings.
Comedy is when you walk into a mass Zoom call and get fired.

4 Likes

Yeah Fuck that guy.

5 Likes

Yes, one fervently hopes all remaining employees are working on their CVs and cover letters, and will soon have new and much better jobs with companies that really are better.

3 Likes

I was confused by the thumbnail; I couldn’t work out what Rob Schneider had to do with the story?

1 Like