Charlottesville white supremacist strips off uniform and insists it's just for lulz

My point was that assholes have a long tradition of taking over perfectly harmless stuff that has nothing to do with them, tainting and ruining them for everbody else.

6 Likes

The only Specials song i know is Ghost Town, taking a listen right now lol

2 Likes

Oh, indubitably.

Like I said, they ruin everything.

5 Likes

I disagree. They make good bad guys in video games.

6 Likes

more like feces?!

2 Likes

Pants!?

They stole my F-ing haircut! It took me most of my life to find a cut that didn’t make me look like the kid from Eight Is Enough.

2 Likes

Imagine how Charlie Chaplin must have felt.

6 Likes

Hopefully someone has taken over from Vidal Sassoon, maybe they can get you a new one?

8 Likes

It’s related to the context, but the clothing choices are very much intentional. To the average white person, a white polo and khakis is very generic and non-threatening. It’s something that they’ve probably worn before themselves. If the “uniform” was a hood and robe, or a Hugo Boss overcoat adorned with skulls and sigils, that would look threatening and dangerous.

The basic idea is to make themselves look “normal” so that when people see them they seem more reasonable. They are manipulating both kin selection and enclothed cognition to engender a subconscious sense of commonality between themselves and people who aren’t probably racist, but are frightened by what is going on. The bet is that those frightened people will look at one side, then look at the other, and decide that they belong with the side that dresses and acts like them.

Enclothed cognition makes them seem less threatening, kin selection makes the hypothetical person feel like that’s where they belong.

Seems to be the general idea, at least.

10 Likes

Heather Heyer was murdered because these nazis were in it for the “lulz”. Think about that for a moment.

19 Likes

Heard a guy on the bus last night telling a friend that he was going to get his hair cut this weekend because his regular cut is now the Nazi haircut. I wanted to tell him that his huge handlebar mustache was so distracting that no one noticed his hair but he seemed genuinely nice and so I kept my snark to myself.

7 Likes

I’d have given him props for it; not just any ol’ body can pull that look off.

6 Likes

It can look good on some folks no doubt. The guy on the bus hadn’t styled it so it drooped down like a wet walrus mustache and just looked kind of ratty. But to be fair it was on a Wednesday commute after work and not a fashion shoot or a weekend evening out. A little styling and he would of looked very dashing.

3 Likes

It’s a style of facial hair that definitely requires constant maintenance.

5 Likes

Oh man, and I thought Led Zep’ backwards was hilarious!

1 Like
6 Likes

This one is particularly relevant

8 Likes

If you march under a Nazi flag you are a Nazi. Period.

6 Likes
3 Likes

I wore a white polo and brown khakis today, I think it looks good on me. I have never heard that it’s also a Nazi thing. Don’t let them appropriate stuff.

3 Likes