White supremacists march in their khakis

Originally published at: White supremacists march in their khakis | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Coincidence?

:thinking:

14 Likes

Nothing says pride in your movement like hiding your face. Though neck gaiters must be less stuffy than the old pointed hats. Still, as Rob says, they lose a lot of points on style. If they are indeed engaging in “theatrical rhetoric and activism”, the casual Fridays office-park Dockers look just doesn’t have the same panache as brown shirts and jodhpurs and jackboots.

For some reason the twittering MAGA nuts hate these guys.

It’s pretty much the same reason that the GOP establishment hates the red-hat MAGAts: they’re saying the quiet part too loud for their tastes.

23 Likes

Racists gonna race. And yes, they’re choosing white collar worker attire because it blends them in with the rest of the government. I wouldn’t be surprised if more than a few work in some law enforcement capacity. All to sew discord and confusion while they ply their white nationalism.

14 Likes

To paraphrase what a famous or some would say infamous Marvel charecter once said;

“These guys got the right idea. They wore the brown pants.”
- Deadpool

10 Likes

It’s a coincidence that this is also police week in DC, with hundreds of off-duty cops visiting DC.

Well, it’s might be a coincidence.

OK, OK. It’s probably not a coincidence.

19 Likes

It’s totally on-brand for this crappy timeline that when the brownshirts finally show up, the fuckers are wearing business casual.

11 Likes
9 Likes

First they try to appropriate Hawaiian shirts, now khakis?

Fuck those neo-nazi bastards, I am not changing my wardrobe because of them!

16 Likes

I half expected them to line up and high kick like the Rockettes.

5 Likes

Why are they afraid of being identified?

9 Likes

I can’t begin to imagine. I thought everyone loved Nazis.

7 Likes

8 Likes

I’m quoting someone else I can’t remember, but it’s along the lines of “Oh, so NOW masks are OK?”

10 Likes

This is how I looked through most of my work at the Cosmosphere, though sometimes I had black slacks. Bugel Boys, remember those?

Anyway, I’ve noted on Twitter right-wing and “moderate” goons would rather call these people Feds than take the time to just say “Nazis bad”, or even “fuck these guys”.

3 Likes

Sure, they’re in khakis. But a hero that confronted them was in cargo shorts:

9 Likes

After Charlottesville, I ditched Khakis for work and switched to jeans. The pandemic sealed the deal.

10 Likes

My office doesn’t permit jeans for business casual. Plus when it gets hot out, they are good for walking around where I can’t wear shorts.

Screw those Neo-nazis.

8 Likes

Imo your actions and demeanor still ultimately matter more than fashion. I definitely know some non-proud-boys still wearing Hawaiian shirts and it doesn’t take long to figure out who they aren’t.

Maybe split the difference and get some polo shirts with interesting patterns?

Just sharing because I think it’s cute tbh.

3 Likes

An oompah band loudly playing Der Fuhrer’s Face would be perfect, but a swarm of kazoos might get the job done.

6 Likes