Charmin's Forever Roll is the best freestanding toilet roll holder

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/20/charmins-forever-roll-is-the.html

3 Likes

source (56)

25 Likes

Yeah but commercial TP is universally single ply shit. Can you actually buy commercial tp of the non-sandpaper variety?

5 Likes

The whole things seems a bit unsanitary. The uncovered sides of the roll represent months worth of TP exposed to every bad thing you can think of in the bathroom, from dirty hands and droplets (showering, drying off, toilet splash) to overspray from cleaning solutions.

Commercial dispensers limit this exposure by covering the sides of the giant rolls.

A bit too many eggs in one basket.

(Dropping some eggs in the basket - euphemism for pooping?)

8 Likes

Pro tip: Even if you have to flush 10-15 times, you only need toilet paper for the first one.

7 Likes

Only if you’re Dolt 45. It probably takes a powerful toilet to get a Depend down the drain.

5 Likes

Or evidence.

1 Like

Yes. https://www.amazon.com/Marathon-2-Ply-Bath-Tissue-Sheets/dp/B00K7W1WW6
I used to buy these by the larger (80 roll) packages when I was a janitor for a church. It’s not as soft as, say, Charmin, but it’s “good enough”. (and what kind of cheapskate buys single ply? c’mon!)

2 Likes

I would have thought the same thing, except I just specified some toilet accessories for a project and they do have 2-ply options. However, I don’t think anyone’s custodial budget covers it.

Companies should install these in their bathrooms but retrofit them to prevent any TP from being put on. Think of all the productivity gains–not from saving time changing rolls, but from no longer losing time to employees wiping!

1 Like

How many toilet accessories is boingboing going to recommend?

It’s getting weird…

2 Likes

That is not what “enormity” means.

/pedant

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

Friends don’t let friends…

1 Like

Meh. I picked up a 12 pack of HEB tp rolls a while back and was surprised to find that the rolls didn’t have a cardboard core. They had filled in the core with, wait for it, more TP! A mini roll of tp that just pops right out so that you can take it along for emergencies or just use it normally. The main roll works as ususal. THIS is what I call innovative. Also, if you need a place to put tp in the bathroom, you have a fucked up bathroom.

1 Like

Download (10)

4 Likes

I’ve always had an irrational hatred for toilet paper stands.

1 Like

Unfortunately a tp stand is a necessity in one bathroom. The permanent porcelain one tiled into the wall is not within arm’s reach of the throne, unless you lean ‘way over, and even then it’s almost in the shower/tub area. It’s installed with concrete & mesh backing - 1960s construction - so it’s not going anywhere until we dynamite the whole room.

2 Likes

Damn. That thing is big. Someone with poor eyesight may think it’s the bowl and…

5 Likes