Check out the 2021 Boing Boing Gift Guide

I quit wearing a watch several years ago but that Casio watch, I would love one of those. Or an original red LED watch. Armitron or Pulsar I think.

Long before GPS running watches I bought a Timex Ironman in the early 90s to track my runs. It was great until GPS watches came along. It got retired when I got my first Garmin. But, occasionally I forget to charge the GPS so the Timex comes out of the drawer. Still works and never changed the battery.

Maybe I’ll put that Casio on my Amazon list for my kid.

I also had a Motorola F3 when it first came out, that thing was great and it took the abuse of being in my pocket all day in a wet environment. When phones were phones.

1 Like

This is a fun list, including a number of things I would actually buy and some that just make me smile. A nice intersection of whimsy and commerce.

1 Like

I’m thinking it’s got to be hard to hide that under a Christmas tree…

I mean everyone knows that a wrapped 55 gallon barrel under the tree has to be lube, right?. I suppose I could try to convince every one it’s hand sanitizer? (And it could be, with merely an additional 150 gallons of ethanol, I think :thinking: )

5 Likes

The trick is to hide all the gifts in 55gal drums. A large tree may be required

7 Likes

There are Copic markers somewhere in my future. Not this year (in a small apartment with 4yo and 6yo artists) but soon…soon.

4 Likes

9 Likes

:musical_note: I been drivin all night man
Sweat on the wheel

6 Likes

I have one of those GAN chargers - though from ZMI, not Anker - and it is one of my best purchases of the last couple of years. Ravpower also has a good one, though you can’t buy anything from Sunvalleytek companies (Ravpower, Taotronics, Hootoo, etc) on Amazon anymore, so no affiliate income to help support BB.

Keanu Reeves Thank You GIF by NETFLIX

3 Likes

They forgot to put the “meat tenderizer” in the guide

3 Likes

Reversible? So I can use it to make meat tougher? (I might need to use that feature on my abs… :thinking: )

3 Likes

I got a blender with reverse once but it completely failed at getting the ice cream back out of a milkshake.

6 Likes

Especially with covid and the supply chain disruptions and the difficulties small businesses have had, this is a really good time to do your holiday shopping without Amazon.

1 Like

the Hess truck’s back and it’s better than ever.

1 Like

I’ve been lusting after those markers for a while now, too.
Not the same thing, but a more budget-friendly art-option I got recently and am very happy with are these:

And a set of watercolor brush pens. The kind you can fill up with water for use when out hiking or traveling.
I’ve tried a few different versions of watercolor pencils over the years and these are by far the best. I’ve been playing with them mostly on hot-pressed paper, and the results come out super smooth. Also fun for sketching on the go then doing the “watering” later at home.

3 Likes

I’m reminded of this listing from Items from our Catalog .*

*(One of my favorite books of all time. Every time I read it, I find something I didn’t get before – like the “LLBN” item code for this. When I first read the book I had no idea what LL Bean was, but it was hilarious anyway.)

Which reminds me – is A.S.&S. still in business? Why, yes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.