Check out the new Beavis and Butt-Head

Originally published at: Check out the new Beavis and Butt-Head | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Where’s the MAGA gear? We know they’ve previously been to the Capitol and have been tracked by the FBI for years.

Also… Texans. :wink:

Edited for spelling and Capitolization.

12 Likes

here’s beavis and butt-head today–

25 Likes

Realistically speaking Beavis & Butthead would 100% be MAGA incel Q nutz, can’t say i would be remotely interested in a follow up about these guys but i guess i’ll have to wait and see what Mike Judge wants to do with them

5 Likes

Beavis and Butthead… as adults?

15 Likes

The most interesting thing about the original cartoon was that Mike Judge managed to make such a thoughtful, funny and compelling sitcom (King of the Hill) by retooling one of the hapless side characters from Beavis and Butt-Head into Hank Hill.

13 Likes

It’s been done.

13 Likes

I wonder if they are going to use the same software to age the actor that they used on DeNiro in The Irishman.

5 Likes

Until just now I never noticed the resemblance between Old Butt-head and Bill Dauterive. Maybe they’re related.

3 Likes

They aged gracefully.

1 Like

That’s a serious slight to Daria, which was also a thoughtful, funny and compelling series based upon a tangential character.

11 Likes

Sincerely, if this is not “Beavis and Butthead do Insurrection”. I don’t think I’m interested.

4 Likes

Interesting; I never caught that show but wouldn’t have pegged the art style as a Mike Judge project.

5 Likes

IIRC, Judge came up with the original character, but Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis did all the writing/production.

I own the series on dvd, and highly recco checking it out.

10 Likes

Don’t judge, I never had MTV. Suppose I’ll have to check it out if I ever get Paramount+.

5 Likes

Again:

I cannot fathom it, much the way many Gen Z peeps cannot now fathom life before the internet and smartphones.

I was 5 years old the day we got cable, which was coincidentally the same day that Mtv went on the air.

6 Likes

Which leads to my third confession:

To this day I have never had cable.

5 Likes

Seriously.

I’d probably have been much better off had I not been an Mtv kid…

7 Likes

It did mean having to spend a lot of my youth trying to piece together pop culture references through context clues though. Much like how I had to piece together the plots of all the 80s horror movies I never saw based on VHS covers at the video rental place.

9 Likes

I have had cable in the past, as an adult.

But as a kid, I had the local 3 channels and PBS. And when I moved near Wichita in 7th grade, Fox was the 4th. Never had cable as a kid or a VCR.

My friends did, though, and my cousin, so I was able to catch some MTV stuff. My friend in HS would tape Liquid Television for me as we were both animation fans.

I remember PBS used to have a show that played pop videos on Sundays, so I did get to see SOME of the 80s videos at the time.

Through much of college, though, I watched very little TV. Though MTV was often on in the dorm lounge as a Freshman, so I did see a lot of that for about a year.

2 Likes