Check out the new Wonder Woman trailer

Nope, there’s no point in explaining a joke that I didn’t get. My bad, and it’s on me, not you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, if so, then that seems awfully pretentious. There must be better ways to encourage people to ask questions!

Ehh… valid for some, I suppose. I would reply that “I favor the color blue”. Maybe I have weird grammar issues, but there is never any syntax if replying with a single word or phrase.

No, I would not read an assortment of words as a sentence at all. That’s why the adding of the periods bothers me! My (perhaps flawed) understanding of period usage is to denote the expression of a complete grammatical structure.

What distinguishes an imperative from a mere declaration is the command.
“Guard the ice cream!”
Do I? When does that happen…?
“Popobawa, I command you to guard the ice cream.”

Indeed, commas would separate a list without implying grammatical completion.

Anyway, apart from all of that, I think that the trailer appears promising. It might seem that I nitpick ads, but I think that the implicit assumptions they frame about people can be interesting.

1 Like

Something new to watch. Thanks.

That sucker just needed a half hour trimmed from it.

Regardless, it was like they filmed Roddenberry’s brain: Space gods being nothing but technology run amok. Adults in pajamas. Women being nothing but sexy sex people who are sexy motivations for the sexy hero and then they turn into sexy evil sexy motivations that can be only tamed by the sexy hero because women, eh?

6 Likes

Well… Even that would be an over-used and unimaginative cliché.

I would love to know what Wonder Woman was doing two years before BvS when actual aliens were tearing the Earth to bits. Did she decide to just sit that one out? Or was it because she wasn’t supposed to be in that movie?

4 Likes

The thing is the more I learn about that war the more I kind of agree with MrsTobinL’s step grandmother about Blackadder Goes Forth. There was nothing funny about that war.

2 Likes

I’m pretty stoked for this.

Captain Wonder Woman, the first Justice League-r
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks cool. My fingers are crossed about the manbabies.

2 Likes

I admit I didn’t see Batman vs. Superman since the previews and reviews were so terrible. Does she have the power of flight in this continuity? My kids and I have a theory that she always had the power of flight and the “invisible jet” was just a mime act.

2 Likes

Downton Abbey HAD a superhero - The Dowager Countess. It’s like you didn’t even watch the show!

9 Likes

YOU do, every time you see a movie with him in it.

1 Like

BvS is one of those movies that the geeks have decided to hate. There’s a lot of good stuff in there, but I’ll at least agree with the crowd here on one point - WW was the best thing about it.

And no, she doesn’t have the power of flight. GAL GODOT has the power of flight.

1 Like

I can’t say I hate it since I haven’t seen it, but I really did hate Man of Steel and I saw no indication that BvS was any better.

2 Likes

I thought BvS actually made the Superman character interesting at last - something that’s never really been the case for me. The whole public debate about how he should use his powers (and his reaction to that) was AWESOME, but I’m hearing non-stop bitching about it from my geek friends.

so when does she-hulk the movie come out?

4 Likes

I don’t think so. She jumps around a bit but also takes commercial flights.

2 Likes

I guess you need to wait until after the war for her to start fighting for her rights in her satin tights.

I’m like the WW1 setting; though, it does mean Wonder Woman can’t take Emily Davison place at the 1913 Epsom Derby.

2 Likes

The Critics weren’t too kind to it either. I thought it was over long, over stuffed and under written. It was almost as bad as Prometheus.

I liked Wonder Woman and Batman, however. I thought both were pretty much spot on. The best thing in it is Bruce Wayne looking at a photo, with that cool Wonder Woman theme.

I thought it sounded like the line up for some weird super-group; Cat Power, Grace Slick, Norman Wisdom and Stevie Wonder.

7 Likes