Check out these sexy anthropomorphic airplanes, courtesy of r/Aeromorph

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

7 Likes

“I like big blimps and I cannot lie.”

2 Likes

What the what now? With all the Japanese “moe anthropomorphism” or “X as school-girl” (where “X” is airplanes, pokemon, operating systems, Lovecraftian cosmic horrors, etc.), I was expecting some straightforward “school-girl airplanes,” but then they added the furry element…

Someone wanted flying tits?

6 Likes

4 Likes

So, is this posted here to celebrate the cool oddities that other happy mutants find interesting and cheer them on, or is this intended to point and laugh at the ‘freaks’? I feel it’s kinda against the spirit of BoingBoing for it to be the latter.

Like pineapple on pizza, it’s not something I like, but I’m glad it exists for the people who do like it and I would not wish to deprive them of it.

10 Likes

I don’t judge, as long as the airplanes are of legal age.

3 Likes

I remember that there was actually a discussion on FurAffinity once if that counts as furry.
I say nay, anthro yes, macro maybe, but not furry.
Also pass for me, not my cup of tea.

2 Likes

I’m not judging. My comment was in response to the quote about furries, which was uncalled for, and a bit self-owning.

While not my cup of tea, I can appreciate the technical aspects of the pictures @thomdunn used in the article. Clean lines and coloring, internally consistent proportions, and good integration of plane parts into humanoid anatomy.

6 Likes

Eilanya!

People who are feeling a liiiiiittle bit threatened, so they have to punch “down” at the furries. Because everyone knows furries are the worst. /s

[EDIT: Note /s tag. I like furries in general. Nice folks.]

1 Like

As in most areas of interest, it’s the extreme versions that draw the most attention and create the stereotypes.

1 Like

Also this:

THAT explains why everyone laughs at my tattoo…

3 Likes

It’s sort of preemptive kink shaming. (Not that furry is a kink for everyone, of course.) They know that some people are going to look askance at this art, so they deflect it before that happens with “at least we’re not like those people over there!” Seriously people, just enjoy your thing and don’t throw other people under the bus.

3 Likes

I could see Doug Winger making some of this art, but I agree, not furry, even if there’s some overlapping characteristics.

2 Likes

I remember Eric Schwartz making some anthro airplane cartoons back in the day.

2 Likes

Yeah it really is preemptive and I’ve seen that a bunch.

As far as furry goes it’s a medium and a subculture that contains kinks that exist elsewhere.

1 Like

What the actual fuck?

Takaza Wolf, co-founder and occasional conchair of Midwest Fur Fest, was a friend of mine. (I performed the commitment ceremony for him and his husband back in 2001.) When he died suddenly a few years ago we were at the wake, held in one of the hotels that part of the Rosemont Convention Center where MFF has been held many times. As it turned out, the wake was being held at the same time as a rather large regional kink event in the same center. I think Takaza would have been amused at how much overlap there was between the two groups.

5 Likes