Check out this gigantic cock

My mother in law had an arucana named Loopy. She had eyes like Igor in Young Frankenstein, and would just follow people around. She was a master of that move when you pick them up, their head always stays the same place.

The chicken, not my mother in law.

15 Likes

The goose was hand-raised from a gosling and was very sweet; she’d follow my mom around like a puppy. We did get her a gander friend who, in spite of also being hand-raised, was rather more terrifying, so he wasn’t with us long (pretty sure he was mean because he was defending his lady, but it doesn’t do to have a goose coming after everyone who comes to your house).

But my family has lost a variety of critters to coyotes, over the years. We did eventually lose that goose, too, alas (though we didn’t find any feathers or other traces and wondered if somebody stole her). You have to be really diligent about rounding them up into the coop at night, and making sure nothing can get in!

6 Likes

Picking up a chicken and doing that trick was one of my favorite things :grin:

7 Likes

11 Likes

Goddammit, Rob. Cut that shit out.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Its like a fluffy velociraptor.

11 Likes

It’s basically a velociraptor.

11 Likes

34 Likes

One is a giant cock, the other is a very large bird.

25 Likes

Well, as close to the real OG Velociraptor as we will probably ever get. As far as we know raptors were also quite fluffy and chickenlike.

3 Likes

Thanks, Rob;

I needed somewhere apt to stick this:

26 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t we all

12 Likes

Make sure to get definitive consent first.

9 Likes

16 Likes

Pairs well with Chicken.

11 Likes
11 Likes

I read it as “gigantic clock” and was momentarily quite exited.

9 Likes

That’s what I thought! Is this a naturally occurring chicken of the male gender? Or has it been inbred out the wazoo to make gigantic Jurassic Park chickens for the dinner table?

1 Like