Check out this trailer for the new dimension-hopping kung fu flick from A24

Originally published at: Check out this trailer for the new dimension-hopping kung fu flick from A24 | Boing Boing

6 Likes

You can never have too many Michelle Yeohs in my book!

28 Likes

Everything is better with googly eyes

14 Likes

That looks terrific.

The premise reminds me of Universal Soldier, a strip that ran in 2000 AD comic (IIRC, that predated the movie of the same name).

5 Likes

The “hot dog” fingers sold me, and I’m not easily sold.

3 Likes

Put this on my list of movies to watch in an actual theater.

The real MCU (Michelle-Yeoh Cinematic Universe).

It’s not like Marvel invented the idea of the multiverse, even if they’re leaning on it hard right now. I think the ancient Greeks came up with it…

4 Likes

Memphis, the home of the ancient Greeks.

5 Likes

and Graceland!
oh… wait.
carry on.

4 Likes

Is this story going to wind up ending at Orly Airport?

2 Likes

The 20th centrury (re-)discoverer of the quantum multiverse.

4 Likes

Huh? Did Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse not count because it was (brilliantly, I might add) animated?

5 Likes

the marvel mcu at least?

( though i guess that’d still technically be whatif? not sure if that series was supposed to be canon though. oh, and loki - though i think? maybe spider man was originally supposed to be out before loki? )

into the spiderverse, definitely one of the best superhero films regardless.

( eta: my post needs more question marks? lol )

Love it.

Rocket?:

Also, love the soundtrack though they did skip the second and third verses of David Bowie’s ‘Time’ - wonder why? :grin::

"Time, he flexes like a wh*re
Falls wanking to the floor
His trick is you and me, boy

Time, in quaaludes and red wine
Demanding Billy Dolls
And other friends of mine
Take your time"

1 Like

I’m all in on this one (though depending on covid, might still not watch in theaters). This looks amazing, it’s a well designed trailer. Doesn’t mean the movie will be, but given it’s Michelle Yeoh AND an A24 production, that bodes well in my book.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.