Check out Tucker Carlson's clean, dustless workshop full of unused products

Pristine, never-been-used license plates. We’ve got a bunch laying around, half-rusted, like any normal people. Who has NEW license plates sitting in a shed, in any physical configuration?

6 Likes

If you don’t actually use your tools… walking around them barefooted or poorly protected is fine.

BTW: Most of the items are turned to show the brands. Hm.

8 Likes

I had to leave my Grandfather’s tools the last move; just too heavy. He was among other things a steam engineer, circa 1900, so that collection was home to all the “last resort” tools . Wrench not big enough? What you need is a five foot long monkey wrench. Need to auger a hole through a timber? That’s not a brace and bit, Son, that’s a drink mixer. You need a real brace and bit… He also had one toolbox that included several good sized rocks. No shortage of spokeshave’s, either. Crosscut saws. There is nothing finer than to be in the deep woods cutting up logs with a properly set up two man crosscut saw. They sing, and the “sawdust” is actually little fiddleheads of wood that come flying out of the log with every stroke.

8 Likes

Did Bill Nye run over your dog or something?

2 Likes

People that wear ties around rotating machinery…drives me crazy. Years ago I was a manager in an old building; the HVAC there was particularly scary with exposed belts and pulleys. I used to argue with the Honeywell techs about taking their ties off when they worked on it; “get in trouble with the boss…” And Colin Furze with his “safety tie” . All fun and games until someone looses their face.

3 Likes

What a wuss. A real man’s workshop has a giant mitre saw and some dried blood stains on the workbench.

5 Likes

unnamed

2 Likes

I think it’s nice that he’s volunteering building fortifications with Habitat for Hitler.

11 Likes

You mean something like this? Index finger amputated (re-attached), tendons on middle finger sliced on a table saw. But the shelves came out great!
finger

6 Likes

You are a true master builder. I’m sorry for your loss.
A friend’s dad lost his thumb way back… he’s reminded of the incident by his wife with a little sweet icecream bar called “little thumb”.

2 Likes

Know how I know Tucker’s workshop is totally staged? Because he doesn’t have 3 of the same tool. One he had, one he bought at the flea market because it was cheap and he thought he might use it, and the third because he forgot where he put the other 2 and went to Menards to buy another.

18 Likes

So nice to have you back!

7 Likes

I came close to cutting off my thumb as a young 20-year old tool & cutter grinder. I was sharpening what we called a “hog splitter”, with an edge all the way around. My dang hands slipped in the water as I was removing it, and I came a centimeter from losing my thumb.

3 Likes

Both photos belonging to the “Douche Incarnate” series.

In that they are both unnecessary and insulting to women

4 Likes

Yikes!
So many close calls.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I recently bought a metal lathe, a Hercus 260. I spent today turning a 1kg piece of aluminum rod into 1kg of curlicue swarf.

8 Likes

And a severed finger marinating in a jar on the windowsill.

Carlson’s never done an honest days work in his life, & he is no tool-monger.
He might ruin his manicure.

2 Likes

In the original image, Tucker defines the term, poser.

Posing Mr Bean GIF by Working Title

6 Likes