Check out Tucker Carlson's clean, dustless workshop full of unused products

Originally published at: Check out Tucker Carlson's clean, dustless workshop full of unused products | Boing Boing

12 Likes

It’s all cringey, but it;'s especially weird that he’s wearing sandals of some kind. I’m not even sure where to begin with that one.

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 8.27.48 AM

31 Likes

Wonder how much he paid to have someone stage his “workshop”?

a too-long belt tucked pubertally in on itself

Going to be laughing over that all day. Wonder if the too long is a nod to his hero Trumpy?

16 Likes

Hmm

8 Likes

Every bow tie wearing man-boy has a shop maid right?

Here she is at the entrance:

wood shop maid

13 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Show off your workshop!

How expensive is that watch that he’s wearing in the workshop?

I normally check the time on the flip-display clock radio on the bench.

21 Likes

Oh, Lord. My workshop never ever looked this clean. If I posted a picture, I would probably get a visit from the health dept!

37 Likes

Why is that ladder there, except to be in the shot? Sooner or later, he’ll hook a foot on it. Doesn’t he have a bracket on the wall like any sane person?

16 Likes

From Succession: “Ah, the Man of the People. Who work for him.”

Time magazine should be ashamed of helping burnish this trust-fund fascist’s image as an ordinary Joe.

18 Likes

But it would give me a good excuse to find my work bench. I’m pretty sure I last saw it under a pile of half-completed projects and sawdust.

34 Likes

I wouldn’t trust him to hand me a tool, let alone safely use one. The workbench was certainly there when he bought the place but the tools are certainly unused.

I can show my tool storage closet but the workshop is a space shared with others in my strata, so doesn’t reflect my tool using esthetic.
My locksmith van from a few decades back had a workbench running down one side with drawers and shelves on the other; the floor looked like a landfill with all sorts of new and used locking hardware, tool cases and oversize tools. It was my little slice of heaven.

17 Likes

Why do American conservative pundits always wear bowties? In their world do bowties qualify as casual dress for the freethinking nonconformist?

16 Likes

I love the lobster trap buoy in the corner. Is he a lobsterman now?

My guess is he had someone decorate his shop from some Martha’s Vinyard flea market or antiques shop. Looks nice for a catalog or country living photo no one would spend more than 30 seconds looking at. As mentioned, for someone who has never worked with their hands.

If his production crew really wanted to make a workshop that looked used, they should have sourced from garage sales in a small town or former factory town. But that would require rubbing elbows with “the poors.”

18 Likes

Is there a more appropriate metaphor for Tucker than an empty toolbox? And nothing sharp?

64 Likes

Delusions of New Yankee Workshop.

10 Likes

You can practically hear him humming “I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK” to himself.

18 Likes

Which is exactly what he is trying to do:

“Tucker Carlson’s Maine studio, which is located down the road from his vacation home in an old garage in Woodstock, is almost ready for airtime.”

“The ratings for the shows we’ve done from Maine have been high,” he said

via 13WGME

He will be Nazi woodwright cosplaying from his tool shed set in no time at all.

20 Likes

Tools and drill bits in ceramic coffee cups. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Little known fact: Tucker has a picture of a dog instead of a real dog because they all bite him.

21 Likes