Cheerios responds to comedian's F-bomb challenge

Oh god, why?

3 Likes

Try it and see. No oil, no salt, no butter or fake butter. Buy plain unpopped stuff in a jar and pop it for cereal-- it’s like Sugar Corn Pops without the sugar.

I loved sugary cereals when I was a kid, now they make me feel ill. When I want candy I’ll just buy a candy bar.

I have to admit, Joe’s O’s are pretty horrible, but I do buy generic “Oats-O’s” from Stop N Shop sometimes.

3 Likes

I’ve gone through some strain trying to find their more exotic varieties at times, like Maple Cheerios and Pumpkin Spice Cheerios. They’ve never been worth the effort, though sometimes I have enjoyed the pursuit. (The Frosted Cheerios were even Moana-branded for a while.)

If there’s one I particularly miss, it was the original variety of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios from when they were first launched; it seemed to have gigantic crumbs of actual apple, as opposed to now, where I guess it’s supposed to have some kind of recollection of encountering an apple from some point in production.

Gee, those are real? I thought they were only yet another exaggerated marketing gimmick.

3 Likes

Fuck donations…

Art Money GIF by NdubisiOkoye

14 Likes

I call shenanigans. There isn’t any smack at all in that cereal. Spoon it up, heat it with a lighter, and inject all you want, you’re not going to get any buzz.

8 Likes

If you want a buzz you need to look to the other honey-themed cereal.

7 Likes

That’s enough varieties of Cheerios to have one for each of the 12 days of Christmas! Surely there’s a new seasonal ad campaign in there somewhere for General Mills!

2 Likes

If you watch the video he was mostly calling out Cheerios specifically for having an incredibly bland and overly safe Twitter account.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I fancy the idea of a high-end, hipster friendly Cap’n Crunch made from spelt and quinoa. The ancient grains Cheerios were actually pretty tasty though.

6 Likes

If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, the “Joe’s Os” are good, IMO.

2 Likes

We are in a TJ’s wasteland for some reason, though they’re getting closer. @MarcoE & @generic_name seem to disagree, though.

Honestly, though Cheerios are one of those things like Bic lighters that are peerless and no one seems to be able to top (Honey Nut, that is). I’d prefer an organic version, but they already went whole-grain about a decade ago, so maybe soon…

1 Like

It’s not just me–it’s my 3 y/o son who has made the TJ’s version a stranger in our home. He can somehow tell them apart on sight and rejects Joe’s Os every single time. It’s Cheerios or bust.

Sorry to hear that. Santa Fe (five hour drive) was the closest one to my current city for several years until the first CO location opened within walking distance. I hope you get one soon.

2 Likes

What Is Wrong With You Season 4 GIF by The Office

10 Likes

Thanks! Now I miss living in the Southwest.

1 Like

But if energy is what you’re after…

7 Likes

2 Likes

That only means Cheerios will, of course, make good on the donations — but with one eyebrow cocked.

2 Likes

They do when they get past the expiration date.

8 Likes

I’m afraid both those suggestions are opioid deficient. I can only assume that Kellogg’s supply chain with Afghanistan has been severed and links with the Triad irreparably broken.

These guys seem to be working the problem, which should make John Oliver happy.

Hmmm, after glancing at the article, I’m going to go chase the white dragon and have a glass of milk.

1 Like