Cheetah cub at zoo rejected by mom becomes friends with puppy

[Permalink]

D’awwwww! And…

2 Likes

It’s cheetah “kitten,” no? I think only lions and tigers and panthers have cubs.

Lions and tigers and BEARS, oh my!

FTFY.

http://www.defenders.org/cheetah/basic-facts

Leave it to the experts, mate.

IIRC, dogs have been used historically as companion animals for captive cheetahs. It’s probably on the wiki somewhere. I distinctly remember reading an article in National Geographic that said at least one adult captive-bred cheetah was introduced to a dog and they really hit it off, and had a lot of fun being best buddies.

I can see how an even-tempered breed dog would be good for a captive cheetah. Cheetahs need a lot of exercise to stay healthy, and dogs are sources of boundless energy.

1 Like

I watched a documentary the other month with the kid (Netflix I think) showing unusual animal friendships. One was a cheetah and a yellow lab. Now grown up they would run the cheetah and the dog daily for visitors. Cheetah was faster but the dog had more staying power.

1 Like

They’d be a great killing team…Cheetah for the take-down, Ridgeback for the finish. Yikes.

PUPPIES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO LEAVE THEIR MOTHERS UNTIL 8 WEEKS!!!
There is a GOOD REASON For this!!! How can a ZOO be this STUPID?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.