Chicago is demanding that children on bail wear private-sector ankle-cuffs with mics that can record them without their consent

yet…

1 Like

Yes, I do. Vote for an Independent that’s not beholden to the special interests in Illinois/Chicago. And my post was never an implication to vote Republican, because they don’t care either. Ms. Lightfoot says she’ll make changes and drive accountability, but that’s all talk until she gets into office. Many politicians say that, but the situation doesn’t change.

Like Mr. Doctorow, I’m just letting the good people of BoingBoing know how bad it is in Chicago; it’s not pretty on the South & West sides. I’m glad he made this submission and I hope he continues to do it!

And that changes the rest of the deeply entrenched corrupted system… how, exactly?

Yeah, thanks for that; we don’t already hear enough about how ‘horrible’ the Chi is.

2 Likes

"Pros:
Hopefully you can make some contacts outside the company for when you get laid off.

Pros:
Nice new office space - that’s it."

There’s a lot of gems on there.

1 Like

I protest to…

• Use the ballot box
  • Stop young black men [the majority of the victims] to stop dying
  • Have decent housing & jobs for the forgotten who live on the West & South

Gee, that all sounds great, and so incredibly simple.

Now, again; HOW do you propose to bring about such changes?

2 Likes

Frustration and enmity can fuel creativity.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.