Chicken enjoys riding bicycle with human

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/15/chicken-on-a-bicycle.html

8 Likes

Ok, that little chicken helmet is amazing.

18 Likes

You have to try to imagine this from the point of view of a ground-based bird.

15 Likes

Sort of reminds me of the tiny, gumball machine-dispensed football helmets I used to collect. The Philadelphia Eagles one would look good on the bird.

6 Likes

Silkies are cool…

14 Likes

Chickens will go through a LOT to get airborne…

10 Likes

6 Likes

I may enjoy riding a bicycle soon,
I’ve got one in my sights.

2 Likes

…helmet’s all picked out
I’ve even got the tights
I’ll cruise through the neighborhoods
and zoom through the parks
I shall annoy pedestrians
and startle random larks
with bell a ringing
my heart a singing
doling out random frights
I may enjoy riding a bicycle soon,
I’ve got one in my sights.

7 Likes

In an earlier and simpler time, we’d be raptly reading about the latest attempts to break the chicken land speed record, but strapping chickens to fast moving objects has unfortunately fallen out of fashion. wistful sigh

2 Likes

Chickens have more personality than any food animal should really have.

5 Likes

ab-fab-oh-lovely

6 Likes

Cows do, too; easily can be raised like a dog. We found this out the hard way with our first beef calf. :frowning:

6 Likes

I haven’t tried bringing any for a ride with me, but riding a mountain bike full speed toward a flock of chickens whilst wailing on a loud brass bike bell is hella funny.

We do have one chicken who very much fancies herself a House Chicken. She hasn’t yet learned to use the cat door, but has figured out that if she follows a human closely enough she can get past the screen door. The cats sort of roll their eyes at the whole thing, but haven’t shown much overt butthurt about it so far.

We have two ducks as well, and they are so dumb that they hurt my feelings. They have given me newfound respect for the intelligence, temperament, and basic competence of poultry.

3 Likes

While we now know how the chicken crossed the road its motive remains deeply disturbing.

5 Likes

Finally, a Wonderful Thing ™. they are in unfortunate short supply on this site these days.

1 Like

That’s super fun.

Also I wish I wasn’t so bothered by everyone having their bike seats way too low.

3 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/vVtipfnJxVKaR9Wf7

A ways to go before hitting this level of awesome, but it’s a solid start!

1 Like

apparently chicken bikes are sized for the chickens and not for the people riding them. they could all use a raised seat post

1 Like
5 Likes