Child's illustrated garden of Satanic ritual abuse

Well, there you go.

I suppose you could interpret it to represent either my interest in the graphic arts or my possible allegiance to the secretive Illuminati/Satanic world government. Depends on the viewer.

8 Likes

A great Pamphlet about the media called “Test Card F” discusses ‘‘Satanic Panic’’ as a sort of cyclical phenomenon.

This sort of panic being a thing that comes into the forefront of mainstream consciousness, fades to the back after some time, only to cycle back in after it’s been forgotten.

Going back to The McMartin case, what frightened me the most was the prevalence of bumper stickers that read: ““I believe the children””.

Your right about that. Scars of a de-constructed culture under assimilation.

1 Like

It’s crap like this that makes me genuinely question my commitment to the idea of rule “by the people.”

Because a lot of the people are fucking stupid.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to Boing Boing!!!

1 Like

Actually, I’ll fess up to being a shill for Big Satan. The Evil Overlords sent me here just to mock crazy SRA stories - all my other posts are just cover. And let me tell you, the paycheck is suh-weet!

3 Likes

Because when you hit a child with a broomstick in the name of Satan you hit the baby Jesus as well.

1 Like

It’s the fluoride in the water. I’m telling you, it ruins everything.

It’s a shame that the media caught it and blew it so much out of proportion, because now if people say it happened to them, they might as well have said they were abducted by aliens or the Illuminati is after them. I’ve worked with kids who were ritually abused, and they’re often treated like kids who were sexually abused used to be (and unfortunately, sometimes still are.) You’re crazy, that doesn’t happen, you’re making it up, you misunderstood, etc.

I often wonder, if the media hadn’t spread the idea around, would it still be a thing? I kind of get the impression that some sick fuck hears about it and thinks “GREAT IDEA.” Not that they would have been fine upstanding citizens otherwise, it’s just an interesting cause-and-effect question.

Sorry your family member went through that. I hope they are doing okay.

WTF? I signed on as a volunteer.

I blog about the Little Rascals Day Care case and other episodes from the “satanic ritual abuse” moral panic. This post includes more info about Doris Sanford:
http://littlerascalsdaycarecase.org/Archive/12Q4/121105Sanford.htm

btw, not all the victims of the panic have been released from prison: Check out the outrageous story of Andrew Junior Chandler, former day-care bus driver, about to start serving his 28th (!) year for a crime that never happened…
http://littlerascalsdaycarecase.org/Archive/13Q3/130902Chandler.htm

Honestly, I know you’re not going to listen but false memories are very much a “thing” and quite easy.

In my college (Wesleyan) the psych department ran a number of peer-reviewed studies on this. Two of my favorites:

In the first, freshmen’s parents were asked for photographs, and, using those, the experimenters photoshopped student’s heads, along with their families, in pictures of people going on balloon rides. After checking with parents that the students had not, actually, been on balloon rides (and discarding those who had), the experimenters sat down with the students with the stack of photos and asked them to recall the surrounding events. When they got to the hot air balloon, the majority of students didn’t bat an eyelid and recalled going on the ride. Many of them could recall extra details about the ride – a ride that they had never been on. When asked two weeks later, the students could still recall and talk about the ride, and honestly believed they had been on one.

In the second, more mind-blowing experiment, students were told they were taking part in an experiment on false memories. They were then told to imagine having gone on a hot air ballon ride (after discarding those who really had been on one). They were told to imagine it every night, and use as many senses as they could – imagining the smell, the air, etc. After two weeks of this, a surprising number of students came in and said (after prompting) they they made a big mistake and they really shouldn’t have been in the study, because they had actually been on a hot air ballon ride after all – they were so sorry about having forgotten about it before. These were students who knew that they were taking part in a false-memory student, and they still managed to implant themselves with a false memory!

6 Likes

“Is the dog food?” “Then do you put it in your mouth?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.