Chinese scientists are making human-monkey hybrid embryos

I wonder if they can vocalize language and/or have a tail. That’d be cool.

1 Like
2 Likes

Per one of the research scientists: “In the long run, such basic research will also provide valuable information for the analysis of the etiology and treatment of human brain diseases (such as autism) caused by abnormal brain development,” he told [CNN].

My dark side believes China wants to create a controllable (read: cheap) labor force.

2 Likes

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Brave_New_World/Castes

1 Like

Koo, koo, katchoo.

4 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q._Are_We_Not_Men%3F_A:_We_Are_Devo!

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Except its not that at all.
The choice is more taking thousands of monkey lives on the highly unlikely chance that afterwards someone will figure out a new way to help humans that couldn’t have been accomplished by not killing the monkeys.

Is there? Science that couldn’t be researched in a much cheaper, less risky, more ethical way? Not a rhetorical question. Maybe I’m just missing something, but it seems like research into causes of organ rejection and how to avoid it could be done in a lot better ways without the problems of the whole man-monkey hybrid thing

1 Like

That explains Trump.

1 Like

Laughs all around!

3 Likes

Read Robin Cook’s Chromosome 6 to see where this is all going.

You have to have human-monkey hybrids before you can develop Sea Monkeys.

5 Likes

Nonono, you just raise that political prisoner class from embryos in controlled lab-environment.

1 Like

Ahem…attention previous respondents:
Why not use political prisoners? They DO use political prisoners!
The organ donor thing is not big in China. OTOH the organ farming thing has quite a track record. I could tell you more…but I digress.

Instead of Monkeys they might find Pigs a better prospect - similar metabolism and - double bonus - you can eat the leftovers. And a surfeit of production could send the overabundance into a political career - then, when you need to purge, its pork and all the crackle.
Win Win - as they say.

4 Likes

But this gets us MonkeyWarriors. Forget Universal Soldier.

If they’re spider monkeys - I mean, c’mon. Bonobos? Ohhhh … they’d be so nice.

But angry Chimpumans?? Awesome battle warriors!

Like The Wizard of Oz!

1 Like

That’s a hell of a fucked up proposition.

4 Likes

No, that was kind of my point. Monkeys lets them dispense with the political prisoner strategy for transplants.

1 Like

The fact that they’re harvesting organs from prisoners doesn’t change the fact that organs from any human other than their own clones is a problem due to immune system rejection of the replacement organ. Organs from the patient’s own clone, though, can be used without risk of rejection.

2 Likes

I get the feeling somebody wants to make a Baboom.

7 Likes