Chinese scientists are making human-monkey hybrid embryos

What could go wrong?

11 Likes

that tag tho

so if one of these poor creatures gets pregnant and they have to terminate the pregnancy, will that make a bible-thumper’s head explode?

china arguably would at least have some control over this, imagine what happens when the tech gets into the hands of a country like north korea

2 Likes

10 Likes

Don’t forget about one-upping the CRISPR baby guy. It’s to do that and to see if they can.

5 Likes

7 Likes

What a jam. I love this whole record.

1 Like

Too risky. After a transplant your social credit score is recalculated as a weighted average of the recipient’s score and the donor’s score. Most transplants don’t weigh all that much; but when the donor’s score was low enough that they got executed for parts it’s still terrible for your average.

5 Likes

Start here for what happens when you get catgirls…please read the whole arc. Honestly, I’m not willing to lose Wil Wheaton’s arm (again) to satisfy Elon Musk’s whatever…

8 Likes

Still a toss-up which side of the bars we’ll be on when all is said and done.

13 Likes

Preferably? So… you’d be okay with that not being the case? Well, okay buddy, but I’ve got bad news for you. You’re the clone. We’ll be by to eviscerate you for parts tomorrow.

6 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

That’s nice. I’ll be waiting for you. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Or will it be the clone I had made? WHO KNOWS?! Will the other me get mad that it’s a copy of a copy and not the first copy?

1 Like
7 Likes

I never saw you, I only heard of you…

6 Likes

The problem with using political prisoners is the high potential for damage to your spare parts by the low quality of Chinese prison guards. Things like eyes, testicals, livers, etc, all get damaged so darn easily you see… Lab monkeys, or at least their parts, are far better protected…

3 Likes

“Not to go on all-fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

“Not to suck up Drink; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

“Not to eat Fish or Flesh; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

“Not to claw the Bark of Trees; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

“Not to chase other Men; that is the Law. Are we not Men?”

8 Likes
5 Likes

Or here:

Oh yeah, that guy.

6 Likes

You guys are missing David_Friedman’s point. China is already using political prisoners for organ harvesting, killing them as needed.

2 Likes