Christian parenting expert recommends spanking toddlers so they act excited to see you

Originally published at: Christian Parenting Expert: Spank Kids for Proper Greetings

5 Likes

Jesus Christ, that would be cruel and inhumane if you did it to a dog, much less your own children.

34 Likes

Have I ever mentioned Applied Behavioural Analysis as applied to autists before?

'Cause… yeah. It’s all basically this.

17 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

14 Likes

Well, their whole worldview is that people only behave out of fear of punishment-from their parents, from society, from god. It’s why atheists scare them so much-if people can behave morally without fear of god then is faith really necessary?

30 Likes

Once again, for reference:

The strict father model is discussed by George Lakoff in his books, including Moral Politics, Don’t Think of an Elephant, The Political Mind, and Whose Freedom?. In these books, the strict father model is contrasted with the nurturant parent model. Lakoff argues that if the metaphor of nation as family and government as parent is used, then conservative politics correspond to the strict father model. For example, conservatives think that adults should refrain from looking to the government for assistance lest they become dependent.

20 Likes

That’s what happens when psychologists are, themselves, psychopaths. People who lack empathy should not be making decisions that affect others, period.

15 Likes

I do not possess enough "fuck you"s for this flat out evil woman. I am what is widely referred to as an expert in this field, and HELL NO! This is a fucking horrible practice, and needs to die in a fire. It is exactly the same theory as ABA. I have previously compared that to treating pain by making kids afraid to cry. This is requiring obedience by making kids agraid to think.

33 Likes

Act like you love me, dammit!
angry dance moms GIF
Is this the female version of toxic masculinity?

15 Likes

This kind of “parenting” thru fear isn’t something just women do. Men do it to, a lot of men

16 Likes

:thinking:

11 Likes

Enjoy being the “parenting expert” with the estranged kids.

13 Likes

Oh FFS! You sick ghouls! STOP giving me current case studies in child abuse for my child protection trainings!

PS: someone please call Child Protective Services.

12 Likes

You know, family values… /s

20 Likes

Yeah, expert, “Christian” parenting. This is what rankles me about Christian anything. Baby toddler talk, condemnation, negative behavior reinforcement–but, I’ll be damned, you are not going to tell me, as a man, that I cannot bake cupcakes in my own kitchen and then enter them into the company picnic bake-off.

6 Likes

Once again, this isn’t just a “christian” thing… plenty of people with no faith or of other faiths are authoritarian and treat their children in such a manner. The “Christian” isn’t the actual problem, the authoritarian is…

Excuse Me What GIF by Nickelodeon

15 Likes

No argument there.

4 Likes

So, not only is this abuse, it’s carefully targeted abuse that’s designed to get the child to hide the abuse from anyone outside the family that could help them.

25 Likes

Why can these morons not see that all smacking your child does is teach them that they can use violence to get what they want?

Well, not all, there’s also the emotional scarring, physical pain, and so on, but you catch my drift.

13 Likes

“Christian” “parenting” “expert”. :rage:

12 Likes