Christian pastor damns "Barbie" movie without having seen it

Originally published at: Christian pastor damns "Barbie" movie without having seen it | Boing Boing

6 Likes

25 Likes

That guy, huh…

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

23 Likes

This increases the likelihood I will go see it. Which, to be fair, I was already planning, but this pretty much seals the deal. Good job!

24 Likes

Maybe we should have a War on Christmas?

27 Likes

This film looks excellent!

8 Likes

Behold the future and tremble in fear!

10 Likes

Ken wears pink. What more do you need?

/s

15 Likes

Strange, Christ gives it a thumbs up.

He particularly liked how Ken was modeled.

13 Likes

The more wars on abstract nouns the right can have, the happier they are. They just don’t like them!

15 Likes

“I curse in the name of the Lord this new Barbie movie that has been released full of transsexual, and transgender, and homosexuality,” Christmas said before calling for God to make a “holy judgement” on the film.

I call upon the IRS to make a “tax-exemption judgment” on Mr. Christmas. If he’s making political statements like this from the pulpit of his “church”, isn’t he violating the laws for what organizations that get that exemption are allowed to say and do?

Yeah, I know, my call will have about as much impact as Mr. Christmas’s. [As an aside, isn’t his name taking the Lord’s name in vain? Kent Christmas should change his name.]

16 Likes

Damning things without having watched, played, listened to, read or otherwise experienced them is sort of conservative pastors’ bread and butter.

18 Likes

“More specifically, it’s not clear if the film is actually “full of transsexual, and transgender, and homosexuality”, as Christmas claimed.“

Well, shit. Now what am I going to do with the tickets?

22 Likes

It looks like the movie might poke fun at the idea of traditional gender roles as expressed in how conservatives imagine the 1950s. That’s LGBTQ enough for these bigots. Sex is binary, determined by some sacred combination of chromosomes and stereotypes, and no fun is ever permitted.

25 Likes

Transsexual AND transgender? Viral Barbie marketing campaign is in full swing, I see! (Don’t threaten me with a good time, etc.)

I have to wonder where this is coming from. Besides the 1993 “accidentally” gay Ken, I don’t really see Barbie as a brand associated with, well, anything he’s associating with it. So is it just because some are (also sight unseen) branding it a “feminist” movie? Is anything Christianists see as being even vaguely associated with left-wing culture automatically also full of “transsexual, and transgender, and homosexuality”? Is it just an automatic association that these right-wing evangelical dudes make, now?

Lately I’ve been getting the feeling that this is how “woke” is now being used by those sorts - it’s a bucket for everything they don’t like, in which all those things become equated with each other, making it easier for them to oppose any single element (because it’s also all the other elements). It’s why they act like teaching kids to be kind to each is bringing about the destruction of Western Civilization, because for them, it is. It’s “woke” and therefore all the other things, too - doesn’t matter that it makes no logical sense.

20 Likes

Really? You sure your holy book says that’s a good idea?

12 Likes

Vietnam had other reasons

11 Likes

This would be far from the first time a Xtianist didn’t let facts and reality get in the way of an opportunity to be a hate-monger.

15 Likes

I curse in the name of the Lord.

James 3:9-10
With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

14 Likes

No, quite the opposite. It’s just about the most heteronormative thing ever created in the history extreme heteronormativity.

If he doesn’t like Barbie, I can’t imagine what he possibly could like.

18 Likes