Chrome extension changes President Trump to "President" Trump

Thanks, I was wondering about that. The Drumpfinator has made my life better for the last 6 months.

Switching the burger for the kittens, too. [ooh, you can also block photos of Pence, Farage, Le Pen and Wilders with it. Sold!]

2 Likes

How about “Popular-Vote-Loser Trump”?

6 Likes

It’s an awful lie that you can create your own reality. Donald Trump is America’s next, actual, no-quotes President and if browser extensions that tell you he has a funny name make you feel at all better about that then I’m not sure you’re taking him seriously enough.

When I was learning about interface design they called the psychological phenomenon “completion errors”; premature satisfaction causes people to forget to take important action.

Hey, how about we make a browser extension that replaces all references to “President Trump” with “President Clinton”, with facial recognition built in that replaces all images of Donald with stock photos of Hillary? Then it will be just like we won! What about an extension that replaces all depressing news articles with buzzfeed lists of kittens doing a funny? What are we trying to achieve here?

Y’all are giving me a powerful urge to get a drunk on. Knock it off.

8 Likes

Trying to cheer ourselves up enough to remain functional despite the horror of reality?

14 Likes

[quote=“doop, post:24, topic:93243”]
I’m not sure you’re taking him seriously enough.
[/quote]Serious as a heart attack.

6 Likes

Well yer bumming me out. Everyone flipping out about fake news and people living in information bubbles, and here we are applying algorithmic transforms that distort the information we consume, sharing jokes with nobody but our own software because we’re somehow happier that way.

Yeah I’m overreacting and it’s not a big deal but it’s all the little things that have been bugging me for a while, like how we hate Trump for being a bully so we respond by calling him names and making fun of his physical characteristics like his hair and his hands. I was complacent all through his rise to power and I feel a fool for it. The petty jokes only tire me now.

6 Likes

Some of us have been bummed out for a long time, pal.

9 Likes

I’ll drink to that.

2 Likes

How does this help anything?

He was elected. He is the president. Not the one many of us want, but people doing this sound as bad as when the right kept bleating Obama wasn’t the president along with a generous helping of hipocracy.

3 Likes

So how is this different than “not my President” when people were talking about Obama?

3 Likes

Well, for one, Obama never nominated anyone to a cabinet position who literally had no idea what the position was until after accepting it. This is not normal. This is not the same. This is demonstrably different.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/rick-perry-energy-department.html

Rick Perry had no idea he’d been nominated to oversee nuclear energy and the security and disposition of the US nuclear arsenal, a position previously held by a fully qualified nuclear physicist.

10 Likes

And Good Day to you Sir. I shall take your comments seriously and see if I can learn from them and better my contribution to society.

Yes, the man is different, but the not my president denial is precisely the same. He is the US president whether you like it or not, and all this does is strengthen Trump’s “sore loser” defence.

1 Like

Just think about that for one second. Trump replaced the nuclear physicist in charge of our nuclear arsenal with the brain trust that is Rick Perry.

Also, Obama didn’t have Paul Manafort, a Russian linked advisor to Ukrainian dictator Viktor Yanukovych. There has never been a president like this before.

Both sides can, for instance, accuse the opposition’s president of being a traitor, that doesn’t mean it is “hypocritical” to do so, especially when one of the presidents is a public fan of Vladimir Putin and and other sociopaths dictators. This isn’t normal. This isn’t comparable. Just because the other side may have said similar words doesn’t actually mean the situations are equal.

9 Likes

What, I can’t understand a damn thing you’re saying.

I’m not saying the situations are even remotely equal. I’m saying that the responses (‘Obama / Trump is not the real president’) are both equally good at stopping the other side from even considering your actual arguments.

2 Likes

­­

I’m not saying that “not my president” will solve anything in and of itself, but I’m not sure what arguments will get someone who actually voted for Trump based on what he said during the campaign to change their mind.

3 Likes

Perhaps Obama was the kind of dude to really represent the hipocrats (maybe he’ll ‘come out’ now and grow a beard and wear lumberjack shirts) but yeah, there’s hypocrisy all round now. Although … whilst it may well be hypocritical, perhaps mocking the powerful is a reasonable tactic if they can be relied on to take the bait and further expose what hypocrites they are. But risky - race to the bottom, anyone? Still, if I wanted to call names I’d start with: “illiterate, delusional, sociopathic, racist, mysogynist, narcissist, self-serving liar and bully, President Trump”. It bears constant repetition more than “President” does.

& you can quote me on that.

1 Like