Chuck Schumer compares mailbomb to Republican office window broken by thieves

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but you seem to be arguing with yourself. What is your actual position?

edit: You beat me to it, @someguy and @Melz2. Here are your Cokes.

10 Likes

Really? Years of violent rhetoric from the right and we’re back to where we were in the late 80’s with fucking race riots and now mail bombs, and you do what? Hang the bastards from their own petard? No, you make excuses.

Over the last 30 years, virtually every terrorist act in the United States has been undertaken by right-wing extremists. That includes 9/11, and the '93 WTC bombing. The only difference between those attacks and the likes of Timothy McVeigh was that they were Muslims.

A couple of years ago, the country just kind of handwaved an ARMED MILITIA taking over a state park building for days. People acted like it was fucking normal, like this just happens. It was softened and normalized in the media, these are political activists, not terrorists!

How are we not just losing our collective fucking minds right now anyway? We have the fucking president and his cronies randomly demanding that various opponents be locked up, torch-wielding fascists marching in the streets, a rapist on the supreme court, and now someone is just mailing bombs to opposition party members.

That, plus the political weaponization of information, including propaganda from a foreign power with interests in being able to exert control on the US government, which is also definitely happening? I hate to say it folks, but this is what civil wars look like in industrialized nations in the 21st century.

28 Likes

I thought the same about Chucky’s tweet, but who am I to throw the first stone?

6 Likes

Oh wow. I need a little script that adds an /s to the ends of tweets from all these clowns. That will make the world seem infinitely better.

4 Likes

I have the Chrome plugin that turns all Hair Twittler’s twiddles into kindergarten crayon scrawls. The hate, bigotry and assholishness is still there, just made slightly less awful by the humorous… who am I kidding the asshole shines thru like a leaky diaper.

Isn’t that his mob name? Diaper Don?
or was that Don Jr for his habit of pissing himself (the turd didn’t fall far from the sphincter on that one!)

1 Like

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not, but I’ll assume you are and so I am risking saying something completely obvious. Attacking someone as part of a robbery is vastly different from attacking someone for who they are (black, white, Democrat, etc). Both have elements of thuggery, but the latter is always about hatred and the former is more likely about desperation.

6 Likes

We have that.

Since noon EST on 20 January 2016 2017

edit: oops year

3 Likes

Because bombs are the same as breaking a window? Attempted murder is equivalent to civil disobedience or vandalism? Yeah, sorry Chuck, no, that is not the case. This is not any different than the “very fine people” comment form the prez, only this is “we are just as bad as them because we were mean to them.” :face_vomiting:

8 Likes

During the 2016 campaign, I made a FF extension that replaced “political correctness” with “accuracy”, “politically correct” with “accurate”, etc.

That resulted in statements like “I know it is not accurate to say this, but…” and Trump’s pledge to end “accuracy on campus.”

11 Likes

Eerily accurate.

7 Likes

I always thought it was Oscar Wilde, but no matter who said it.

2 Likes

I may end up stealing this rant. I can’t improve on it.

4 Likes

ALL the likes!

3 Likes

Once again:

For those with less acute vision:

The real war, the one that’s already being fought, isn’t a war between countries, or “liberal” vs “conservative.”

No, that stuff is a way to keep us from seeing the forest and the trees, as they are burning down all around us.

The real war is between wealth and accountability, and it’s been going on since civilization began.

23 Likes

A minor inconvenience to someone on the right is way more horrible than someone on the left being violently killed. I mean, the rich and powerful deserve to keep their wealth and influence, while the people on the left deserve to be used up and tossed away. It’s the god-given, natural order of things. If it doesn’t say it somewhere in the bible, it should.

2 Likes

I bet that I can guess his take on blackface, too.

Here’s an extra heart. :heart: Please pass it along to the folks at The Onion.

ETA: Godsamn auto-correct!

3 Likes

The real war, the one that’s already being fought, isn’t a war between countries, or “liberal” vs “conservative.”

No, that stuff is a way to keep us from seeing the forest and the trees, as they are burning down all around us.

The real war is between wealth and accountability, and it’s been going on since civilization began.

Preach.

8 Likes

Not my words, but they are worth repeating; again and again, until the message is heard.

7 Likes

Take all that you wish, and thank you.

5 Likes