Cincinatti cop got "PURE EVIL" tattooed on knuckles

I’m pleasantly surprised that they fired him.

14 Likes

Next he should get “pure stupid” tattooed on his forehead. Seriously, what are his career options going forward? Everyone is suspicious of cops who have been fired, and then on top of that, he has a hand tattoo which says “pure evil”. What is inside people’s brains like this?

6 Likes

Another, smaller police department in a nearby exurb or small town. That’s how it usually works when one of these so-called “bad apples” (pay no attention to the barrel) from a big-city force gets caught doing something that can’t be ignored.

9 Likes

He could get a W on his right thumb, another E on his left thumb, and then have angelic looking weevils tattooed all over his hands to sell the motif. They should talk him into doing that, and then fire him.

3 Likes

Isn’t this sort of thing a perfect example of what would trigger a red flag law (which Ohio’s governor nixed)?

2 Likes

Truth in labeling - I’ll allow it.

3 Likes

He got fired in Cincinnati. Which city or town’s police force is going to hire him next knowing that he got fired and why – because of or in spite of the tattoos?

[That’s not an “Oh, so sad, he’s ended his career.” rhetorical question. That’s literally asking what the next stop in his career is likely to be.]

2 Likes

He’ll wear gloves for the interview and get hired.

1 Like

You have a much higher opinion than I do.

He’ll go interview (sans gloves), get hired, told to wear gloves, he won’t and department won’t do anything.

5 Likes

No cops at pride! Even villain pride.
https://distressedegg.fun/qvp

1 Like

While he was working at the impound lot…

That may actually be worse than working in the Property Room.

3 Likes

This is the fantasy they want to project.

This is, far too often, the reality.
After all, they are under no obligation to actually help anyone, and usually can harm mere ‘civilians’ with impunity.
And, according to the linked article:
The former officer is now appealing his termination and has filed a grievance with Cincinnati’s police union.
Big surprise, there.

Police unions should be outlawed… let 'em join the same union the other municipal employees use. After all, cops are employees, too & deserve no special treatment in that regard.

6 Likes

I work in a financial related government agency, and am a part of our diversty committee. We just redid our dress code to remove gender biases, and account for non-white hair styles and clothing.

One of the things we discussed was tattoos. I am heavily tattooed and do not look traditional to the field I am in, but that’s more commonplace these days. Still, we had to write a guideline for tattoos being acceptible as long as they are not inflammatory, or descriminatory.

If accountants have to have professional standards for this, then I am shocked this guy didn’t think the police, who are in the public eye, didn’t. WTF?!

3 Likes

Another example with a truly BS excuse.

And another…

Here’s a cop whinging that his “black sun” tattoo is just a symbol of his Scandinavian heritage.

https://forum.officer.com/forum/public-forums/ask-a-cop/6652346-are-my-tattoos-too-“offensive”

8 Likes

You could be right, of course, but the guy is already 50 and the average retirement age for a cop in the US is 55. Plus, per another article, he had a long string of “needs improvement” ratings and other disciplinary write-ups in his annual assessments, so it seems like the tattoos were just the final straw with his superiors. Even if another department doesn’t mind his tattoos they may see him as a losing prospect for those other reasons.

2 Likes

He’ll be welcome in the Albuquerque force. They collect rotten apples

2 Likes

Tell me again, society, how everyone is the hero of their own story. And how the solution to police abuse is just better training.

4 Likes

I don’t think there are any requirements for what tattoos accountants may sport visibly, except maybe if they work for the government.

With a little work and the use of one of his thumbs, that could easily be modified to read

PUBE DEVIL

2 Likes

I’m sure the tattoo is perfectly innocent.

3 Likes