City councilmember's racist attack brings another member to tears

Originally published at: City councilmember's racist attack brings another member to tears | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Well, that was disgusting. I was secretly wishing someone would punch his Nazi lights out.

39 Likes

It’s always lovely to see wipipo discuss issues of racism with Black folks present as if they have no say in the matter.

john c reilly what a bunch of aholes GIF

32 Likes

Or not invited at all… .
No Black parents, teachers or scholars invited to Missouri hearing on teaching race

24 Likes

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

27 Likes

Present or not present…either way, really.

14 Likes

Time isn’t on this nasty old bigot’s side.

15 Likes

He said that like he’d not just practiced, but actually been waiting for a chance to say it.

14 Likes

Neither is wisdom, but there you have it.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

15 Likes

Considering that this is literally the one thing that republicans will admit is real, actual racism, it’s amazing how casually it’s dropped.

16 Likes

But there always nasty slightly younger bigots waiting for his chair.

20 Likes

So very true, but it appears to be getting less crowded under there.

4 Likes

As I posted on Twitter, I’m surprised he got past the first ‘g’ without somebody percussively relieving him of his consciousness.

9 Likes

Tarrant, huh? As a Birmingham native who has spent more time than I would like in neighboring Tarrant (but having lived away for a couple of decades now) I can say: yep, sounds about right.

10 Likes

His defense is that he was letting people know what the mayor had called councilwoman Freeman:
“It is ok for me to repeat it because as I said before, I wanted everybody to know what the mayor had said. He said it in a derogatory manner, I said it so that people would know what the mayor said,” Bryant said.

It is unclear what the mayor said that the racist idiot is referring to, but regardless it doesn’t excuse him in any way. And he didn’t say it in the context of talking about the mayor but as justification for his wife’s racism. So basically doubling down on a “Black people say it so I can too” defense of his racism

7 Likes

I will skip watching the video, if i did i would be consumed by seething anger and i just dont have it in me today. Already dealing with other stuff

12 Likes

just reading the description was bad enough, i can’t bear to watch it.

11 Likes

I get the impression that the n-word is used quite frequently in that household.

7 Likes

I was wondering what kind of point he thought he was making.

Wow, that town sounds like it sure has a real white supremacy problem:

8 Likes

Other gems from the meeting:

4 Likes