Clever holiday gift-wrapping hack goes viral

We have many gift bags in the closet from birthday presents they received. Buying paper that will be ripped up and tossed a few seconds later seems wasteful in many ways. They will be more than happy to get the gifts in bags and not even give it a second thought.

4 Likes

Someone ought to do a proper rundown on the geometries involved, replete with 3-dimensional graphs.

2 Likes

Thank you, senpai

Happy Year End Fiscal Restraint!!

2 Likes

That’s why you need the extra scrap that @DreamboatSkanky mentioned.

1 Like

From my observation, this diagonal wrapping idea is generally how the Japanese use wrapping paper.

1 Like

I never can be bothered to put up lights. And Christmas music is annoying, full stop. I don’t want that shit in my house.

But not making cookies? NEVER!!!

Can you catch it on your tonsils, can you heave it left and right?

1 Like

Or wrap in reusable cloth and create an elegant gift without all the soul-crushing guilt.

Furoshiki wrapping typically seems to start on the diagonal.

2 Likes

Seriously.

I want equations and theorems.

1 Like

Well I only ever wrap presents in 4D, at some point in time every part of the box was covered.

4 Likes

“Here, diagonally.”

“Pretty sneaky, sis.

If you really wanna be frugal…

1 Like

I got 'cha. How about this from Mental Floss. Some work sheets to go with it. Fancy an older video that still has math in it? I want to say Vi Hart has a video on it, but that’s just a guess because she does so much cool stuff that, surely, this has not escaped her attention.

I remember wrapping a gift like this back in the early 90’s after I took a topology course in college. There was some theorem we had learned that made me think of gift wrapping. I wonder if I can find the text book for that class and rediscover what it was.

1 Like

So now using wrapping paper to wrap gifts is now hacking? It’s strange how the internet has robbed the word “hack” of all meaning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.