Climate change denying senator throws snowball on Senate floor

Ha ha, he throws like a congressman.

10 Likes

Itā€™s true, we have legistation on the books against it. That and the tides as well. Itā€™s becoming a real pain in the ass around here with all these lawbreakers.

1 Like

Repeat after me: LOCAL COOLING DOES NOT DISPROVE GLOBAL WARMING.

1 Like

ā€œGlobal warming is a total hoax, and Iā€™ll tell you how I know. Because itā€™s cold. Today. Where I live.ā€ ā€“ Jon Stewart, Jan. 25, 2013

3 Likes

I meant that if anybody were to show him up it wouldnā€™t be reported. The article you cite makes the point; it makes a stupid joke about snowball fights instead of saying ā€œour Senator is an idiot.ā€

It links to this article

and proposes a snowball fight between the Senator and the author of the study.

1 Like
1 Like

$500 to the first person to throw a shoe at him.

3 Likes

Heh. You got THAT right.

1 Like

6 Likes

Snowā€™s still on the ground. Itā€™s still February, which in the 12 years Iā€™ve lived around here, is when it tends to be the worst. Last year it fell right up until the beginning of April, but Iā€™m probably making Inhofeā€™s point for him, so Iā€™ll just shaddap already.

1 Like

Or thisā€¦

Yeah I know about the Boston situation. Plus the Maritimes in Canada is getting nailed just as bad. Weā€™re actually really light on snow this year, but in comparison to the Great Lakes and Eastern part of the continent weā€™d be considered a desert when it comes to annual snow fall. Average is probably on the order of 14-18 inches for the year! Lake effect and costal snows obviously can do double that in 24 hours easy! The CNN freakout I was referring to was the snow storm what was supposed to hit through Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia and so on.

I guess my point is that two years in a row now the jetstream has dropped really far south, and media in the states is acting as if the world is ending. Then contrast that to a guy denying that climate change is happening. Meanwhile there has definitely been a dramatic change in snow fall patterns on the continent.

Plus us Winnipegers are bitter cause we donā€™t really get snow and cold related shutdowns. School buses stop, but itā€™s gotta be damn near -40C (without windchill) before school shuts down.

Tides go in, tides go out. You canā€™t explain that!

3 Likes

Excellent! I have an empty wallet that proves that Capitalism is a hoax. Could I have the floor for a moment?

4 Likes

Saying ā€œJim Inhofe did something stupid on the Senate floorā€ is kinda akin to ā€œDonald Trump said/tweeted/announced something asinineā€. Itā€™s what they do for a living.

3 Likes

Saying the existence of snow disproves global warming is like saying the existence of Jews disproves the Holocaust.

12 Likes

Meanwhile, outside of Portland OR, the cherry blossoms are blooming and weā€™ve had a few 60 F days.

Remember: When climate change hits the Midwest and Inhofe and his crowd go begging for aid for dust bowl refugees it will get blamed on high taxes, gay marriage, and net neutrality.

8 Likes

Ugh, tell me about it, itā€™s like magnets or rainbows.

All the same, weā€™ll legislate the dickens out of it.

1 Like

Gotcha.