Co-captain of the US women's national soccer team: “I’m not going to the f*cking White House.”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/25/co-captain-of-the-us-womens.html

25 Likes

“I’m not going to the f*cking White House.”

But you’ll miss out on the HAMBERDERERS!

tumblr_ptekxr0k0t1rhs4ze_540

60 Likes

Call me paranoid, but I’m not sure if anyone publicly and vociferously declining (or even simply evading) a WH invitation can escape Trump’s tantrums. Weapons could include having one’s background checked for “issues”, or having one’s taxes over the last 10 years audited. Who knows. The guy in the WH is crazy.

30 Likes

Roger That!

30 Likes

I’m sure she’s aware of that, and I’m glad she doesn’t let it get in the way of her saying what she thinks. If everyone cowers and gives in to Trump’s whims, then America truly is dead.

54 Likes

OK, that’s fine. I wouldn’t go either. But you might want to wait until you actually win something, before you start turning down the post-championship invites. Just sayiin’.

3 Likes

You mean like the last world cup?

The USWNT are defending champions. just sayin’

40 Likes

Thank you, Congressperson Pelosi.

Why?
You just said it.

2 Likes

She was asked the question, and after her “protest” the question is obviously a softball to voice criticism.
And they are favored
And they are defending champs
And she is a fucking bad ass that is determined to win, she believes it.

35 Likes

It was the interviewing reporter who brought up a hypothetical WH invite.

22 Likes

Oh come on, don’t you want to meet a sexual predator and have cold fries and shitty burgers?

34 Likes

I freaking love this woman.

14 Likes

She’s my type.

5 Likes

“Though she be but little, she is fierce!”

― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream

14 Likes

Any contact with this regime should be shunned by anyone with a modicum of decency. Win or lose the game, she’s already won with this statement.

25 Likes

I wouldn’t go to the fucking white house either

34 Likes

I particularly appreciated how she said it, with the not a chance in hell delivery to the absurdity of the question of whether she’d be excited to go the WH.

20 Likes

He’s killed it dead in a thousand little ways that we know nothing about.

1 Like

I would go if I were her-- as I see it Trump already knows her deal and doesn’t like her, it would piss him off to have her there. She could refuse to shake his hand, perhaps say something to him that would make him turn beet red.

Now, if she could get the entire team to refuse to come, that would be something.

7 Likes