Co-founder of nudist anti-Putin group found dead in her Paris apartment

This probably sums up a lot of the thinking in the Putin regime when it comes to low-cost, high-return operations of any sort as long as they have just a fig leaf of plausible deniability (the provision of which is one of the missions of orgs like the Internet Research Agency).

For an org that’s set up and funded specifically to spread disinformation on the Internet it would make perfect sense to identify highly ranked and established sites with comment forums that discuss politics, get some data-entry drones or automated scripts to set up a bunch of fake accounts on each, and store the credentials in a database for future use for members of their 30-Ruble Army. They did it on Facebook and Twitter so why not on Gawker and Huffpo and Boingboing?

That’s before you take into account the true believers and useful idiots and the people whose political and financial fortunes are tied to Putin’s success – freebies as far as the Kremlin is concerned.

2 Likes

Hehe… I wasn’t waying that Femens are far right ideas, they did have link with far right neonazis by participating to their rallies. And a lot of questionable friends. Immigration, peine de mort, alliés néofascistes… L’histoire cachée des FEMEN (2/3) | Olivier Pechter

If it wasn’t a link to the far right ukrainians groups, the original Femen blog article would still be online. :confused:

It was only 5 years ago… Years after orange revolution, they were adults…

After all these years of orange revolution and maidan, I assume that people know the Ukrainian political landscape. Sorry if it sounded pretentious.

I did check your profile. Unfortunately we’ve had a lot of long-dormant accounts here suddenly come to vivid and insistent life in order to spread FUD in Russia-related threads.

The only disagreement I have with you at the moment is your still-unsupported claim about Aleksandra Shevchenko being linked to UNA and Svoboda.

I suppose it’s kind of useless to continue this discussion. :expressionless:

Boing boing deals… Then I’ve discovered the news and added it to my rss.

Nope. To be fair, this board is toxic as hell.
As a web dev, I do a lot of monitoring.

Am I going to participate to the 2500 feeds with comments section from these past 5 hours ? The answer is no, so yeah, I lurk a lot.

By chance, I read the Liberation this afternoon and I was kind of chocked by some post on this BB news. (you know, it’s like the youtube comments, something I take a look at it, morbid curiosity…)

Am I good to go officer ?

I said “I can’t even imagine your reaction the day you’ll learn that many femens fondators come from far right ukrainians groups.”

I didn’t say that Femens was a far-right neo-fascist, you can check my first post. But “come from” was a mistake, there’s links, only links. Sorry for my bad english.

That’s a really bad idea… You should check some articles and videos about the Azov group and bataillions… Some of them are

Why do you think Femens left Ukraine ?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gay+pride+kiev

The LGBT situation is the same in Ukraine than in Russia.

I understand why many ukrainians are hangry. But Russia have no responsibilities about all the crazy things that happend in Ukraine these 4 last years.

We can do anything with Ukraine, WE are funding this country with billions dollars help from UE, IMF, etc… My taxes are funding ukraine.

And what happened ? This kind of glorious democratic decision :

This binary logic is pointless. Even without russian influence and total control of the west, Ukraine is as fucked up than Russia. And I bet it will be the same in 10 years, Tymoshenko or anybody else aren’t going to change anything after the next presidential elections.

1 Like

Yet you still chose to stick around all this time, regardless to that negative perception.

How… fascinating.

I’d say that I wonder what you must think of sites like Reddit, YouTube and 4Chan then… but I’d be lying.

7 Likes

Not “waying”, but certainly implying. For example:

A Wordpress blog from a random French amateur journalist is not considered a reputable source around here.

If the article contains citations from proper sources demonstrating that the Femens actively and knowingly participated in rallies sponsored by far-right parties you can post them separately but don’t expect us to waste time slogging through what might be the ravings of a crank.

As it stands all I’ve seen so far is that some far-right thugs showed up uninvited in the background of Femens demonstrations rather than Femens actively allying themselves with fascist scumbags who they consider ideological enemies.

That’s your personal opinion. I can see them removing the article because they don’t want even the implication of being associated with the thugs spread by pro-Russian opponents trying to discredit them.

Apology accepted. If you continue to post here keep in mind that this comment forum is frequented by educated journalists, historians, political scientists, economists, technologists, scientists, etc. who follow current affairs. Some of us are very familiar with Russian and East European affairs.

As such we demand a little more intellectual rigour from commenters than other sites do. When you make an extraordinary claim (or implication) here I can guarantee you that someone will ask you to back it up with a citation from a reputable source. If that’s too “toxic” for you there’s always Facebook or YouTube comments.

If you’re not going to back up your claims with a reputable sources then you’re correct.

8 Likes

s

9 Likes

Not sure why that replied to you @Melz2

5 Likes

You ‘toggled’ inadvertently; it happens.

It’s not yet 5pm where I am but…

9 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

bette-davis-cheers-gif

Proost!

5 Likes

Props on the Bette gif, and… ‘yoinked!’

7 Likes

Ahem…

8 Likes

Depends what they want to accomplish. A suicide note would be easy to fake. I’m sure they (whatever “they” is, whether actual FSU or GRU or simply people paid through a cutout) have a variety of tools in their murder kit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.