Cohen says he has information about Trump conspiring with Russia to corrupt American democracy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/22/cohen-says-he-has-information.html

9 Likes

Wait, I thought it was yesterday’s revelations that were the tipping point.

So hard to keep up with the latest tipping points.

23 Likes

Only conspiracy. No collusion!

/s

18 Likes

Well, they keep calling it the tipping point, at some point it might be? (Something something repeated enough times becomes truth?)

Imagine a giant plank on a fulcrum, and we keep inching further and further towards the fulcrum. Eventually it’s gotta move, right? Will it move soon enough to matter? Let’s see…

Mueller already has all of Cohen’s recordings/documents/evidence in his possession, so he doesn’t need Cohen’s “information”. Maybe there was a time when Cohen could have traded what he knew in exchange for leniency, but that ship has sailed.

Read somewhere that if he had evidence of this it should have been read into the plea–is that how it should have worked?

I imagine however that if they had a big box of cassette tapes and many months’ worth of recordings (most of which are probably just Trump saying stuff like “we gotta make this happen, this Hillary thing, gotta win bigly”) and file cabinets full of documents, it’d be worthwhile for Cohen to tell them what day and hour and conversation involved collusion.

6 Likes

Not when they keep moving the fulcrum.

6 Likes

When I Googled for “tipping point” images, this one came up. I like it even more than your metaphor!

Edit: it was an avalanche. hate it when gifs disappear like that.

7 Likes

“It’s a huge fulcrum. The best fulcrum man has ever seen.”

So I listened to the video. WTF is up with the shilling for financial support so he can “tell the truth about Donald Trump” o_0??? What? I mean, if they go through the legal process, he doesn’t really have a choice if put on the stand. I see this as little more than an effort at a last ditch cash grab.

Also interestingly Cohen’s tipping point was the Helsinki comments. Yeah, no shit, that should have been a wake up call.

9 Likes

*registers tippingpointsmemo[dot]com *

Somehow appropriate that it’s an overwhelming wave of whiteness…

4 Likes

Carrying coal to New Castle, I’d call that. :rofl:

1 Like

com-optimize%20(11)

12 Likes

They might need him to testify when and where a particular recording was made, and who else (who might not be on the tape) was present, stuff like that. And for providing context.
Mainly to pre-empt potential strategies of the defence team of whoever will be charged using the recordings, I’d say.

2 Likes

MAGA? My Attorney Got Arrested!

Never, ever going to get old!

17 Likes

Are there actually enough republican senators who have NOT taken Russian money to vote for impeachment? It seems widely believed that just a handful more than Drumpf will be revealed to have directly and knowingly accepted Putin’s cash, what if it is in fact a majority of them?Russia has had years and billions of oligarchs’s money to purchase the entire republican party. It could very well be that legal impeachment has long been headed off.

4 Likes

It amazes me that Cohen would hire a lawyer so close to the Clintons. Unless that is part of the strategy.

Image result for the end is near comic
(link)

Now imagine the plank is the big orange Pinocchio’s lying nose…

4 Likes

Are you kidding? The fact none of the scandals involving them stuck makes him the exact person you would want to hire.

2 Likes

The new ‘moving the goalposts’. You’re going to see this phrase again, I think. :wink:

2 Likes