Colbert restates the State of the Union

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/06/colbert-restates-the-state-of.html

5 Likes

“Like watching paint lie,” was succinct.

29 Likes

The State Of The Union…

19 Likes

tumblr_pmhl5hNAkl1rqncre_540

21 Likes

Yeah, I stopped at that point. I like Colbert, but I honestly don’t think he could beat that line. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I thinks it’s ASL for “Here’s your applause, you Cretinous Cadmium Creep! Don’t let the doors hit you on the way out.”

StrawManSlowClap

9 Likes

And let’s not forget other oh-so-inappropriate women who were there.

23 Likes

At the very end:

Trump: “I am asking you to choose greatness no matter the trials we face.”

Colbert: “Well, in that case, sir, I choose you face a trial because that will be great.”

17 Likes

I shant forget.

5 Likes

Orwell’s Politics and The English Language (1946):

“When one watches some tired hack on the platform mechanically repeating the familiar phrases – bestial atrocities, iron heel, bloodstained tyranny, free peoples of the world, stand shoulder to shoulder – one often has a curious feeling that one is not watching a live human being but some kind of dummy…”

“In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defence of the indefensible…The inflated style itself is a kind of euphemism. A mass of Latin words falls upon the facts like soft snow, blurring the outline and covering up all the details.”

3 Likes

Trump’s proud of his budget?

He still doesn’t get that is Congress’ job.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.