Colin Farrell shines in the trailer for The Banshees of Inisherin

Originally published at: Colin Farrell shines in the trailer for The Banshees of Inisherin | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I love Brendan Gleeson, one of my favorite actors.

14 Likes

Same. Someone sent me the trailer for this yesterday but didn’t know who he was. I told him he was in for a treat and told him to watch, at a minimum
In Bruge
The Guard
A Tiger’s Tale

10 Likes

I’m not sure if he was universally lauded, but Farrell was fantastic in “In Bruges” – co-starring with Brendan Gleeson, just like this movie.

15 Likes

OK everyone, pedantry, it’s spelled “Bruges” with an S.

5 Likes

Or, if we’re talking about the town rather than the movie, ‘Brugge’, with two g’s. But you have to pick one or the other and stick with it.

#thepedantsarerevolting

7 Likes

As someone who lived for a short while in the Aran Islands, I’m really looking forward to this.

Looks like my kind of film (pronounced fill-em).

11 Likes

Liked for “fill-em”. Now how many syllables are in “petrol”?

peth-err-il

5 Likes

Looks fantastic. Didn’t really care for the In Bruges film, but this looks very interesting.

Although I must be the only person who disagrees that Farrell’s role as the Penguin was “mesmerizing.” I found it a travesty, personally, as if all DC could take from the character was “he’s fat, let’s shove someone in a fat suit, that’ll play.”

2 Likes

Agreed, I saw The Batman, and all I remember is noting “Ah, that must be the Penguin” and nothing else about that role.

“So there goes that theory”

2 Likes

Brendan Gleeson was my take away from the trailer too… BRENDAN GLEEEEEEESON! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I agree 100%. Fantastic actor.

3 Likes

loved that movie. gleason and farrell were both great in it.

2 Likes

I always enjoy Farrell’s performances. But I LOVED his work in The Lobster. Highest recommendation.

9 Likes

Doesn’t that depend on whether you are speaking French (Bruges) or Flemish (Brugge)? Kind of like Genève and Genf are the same place.

2 Likes

Fixed. And I’m somewhat ashamed of the typo as “In Bruges” is one of my favorite movies!

1 Like

i was just gonna let it go. it’s the end of a long week. correct spelling opshinal

1 Like

“Coach” in The Gentleman was a good showing:

4 Likes

that movie didn’t make much of an impact, but i enjoyed it.

1 Like

This looks great. And the scenery looks gorgeous. I see that and I want to move there.

I can’t figure the time period, though. Could be almost any time to the late 20th century, it looks like…