Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert says she is nothing but "the blood of Jesus" (video)

something something drinking communion wine on the regular

3 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Stop letting fascists define reality. If you think that fascists like Boebert speak for over 2 billion people, and you keep pushing that, then they have won.

14 Likes

It’s not slavery when God does it.

*/S*

15 Likes

Suddenly, having realized he bought her, Jesus begins reading up on the universe’s return policy.

13 Likes

When you find out who can we return her as faulty goods and get a refund?

3 Likes

i think the Nazarene was short-changed…

2 Likes

It might be common in certain extremist American Christian denominations, but certainly not in most.

6 Likes

Exactly. As I said in the comment before that, American Christianity is not what it looks like in the rest of the world (or indeed in many Christian communities in the US, I assume)

9 Likes

I think what bothers me the most is that many Christians of this stripe are using the concept of “Jesus forgives all sins” to excuse themselves for committing ever more horrible and more harmful acts, often implied to be in the name of Christianity. They seem to have forgotten the whole “repentance” and doing good works aspect, or are just using a religious mask in such a cynical fashion that they and their fellow travelers clearly just don’t care to understand anything more than “saying these words gives me power.” Or both.

6 Likes

I thought the traditional currency paid to betrayers was pieces of silver not blood. She sure as hell hasn’t stayed faithful to her oath of office to defend the Constitution.

3 Likes

She seems to be getting stronger in her delivery, which I find absolutely terrifying. :grimacing:
She’s getting a lot of coaching and other help from somewhere. And neither she nor they have our best interests at heart.

9 Likes

An anonymous source close to Jesus quotes Him responding “Lauren, leave me out of your bullshit.”

7 Likes

When/if Bobblehead’s saviour comes back, Bobblehead’s sorry ass will be one of the first She kicks out of the Temple!

1 Like

These people are constant reminders of the importance of separating church and state. Few things are more corrupt more than the combination of religion and politics.

4 Likes

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

1 Like

It definitely was in mine growing up. Very common in evangelical circles.

You were bought with the precious blood of Christ’s death. He was a pure and perfect sacrificial Lamb - 1 Peter 1:19

Christ bought us with His blood and made us free from the Law - Galatians 3:13

The worst thing is to cling to this as rhetoric, completely ignoring what Jesus taught.

I once wrote a poem about Jesus coming back and going to the Bible section of a Barnes and Noble, and after reading a bit, wondering “who is this Paul of Tarsus?”

5 Likes

“I’m not defined by being called a racist or a bigot…I’m not defined by their made up terms that mean nothing to me.”

Well, so she finally admitted that the terms “racist” and “bigot” mean nothing to her. I mean, it was obvious, but that’s some unexpected self-awareness.

5 Likes

Pelosi: The enemy is within
Bobo: She’s talking about me!

6 Likes

Jesus wants a refund.

5 Likes

It’s prosperity gospel for vampires. Maybe she’s trying to get donations from Peter Thiel.

6 Likes