Comments about disabled worker could land Musk in more legal trouble

The three fundamental parts of an apology:

1. I am sorry
  2. It’s my fault
  3. I’m making this right in this way.

Even my socially awkward self knows that much, FFS.

17 Likes

A better person would push for ramifications, because if EM can get away with it for them then they will do it to other people.

However Halli Thorleifsson has a very good reason for not pushing, not having enough spoons to deal with it. It sucks, but it is the reality of having a disability like muscular dystrophy.

20 Likes

Doesn’t take any real responsibility for what he did. Blames other people for misleading him. Not once thinking that mocking someone for their disability is the wrong thing to do.

Situation so fucking-normal.

I hope Halli tells him where to stick it (Musk’s bathroom security dudes might be able to help there).

10 Likes

Well, everyone has their price. Don’t they, Mr Skum?

2 Likes

Don’t worry, if you did accidentally flag something it takes several flags for something to be hidden or draw mod attention. What you saw was probably the pop-up to flag something, which would still require you to pick a reason and submit it. If you clicked anywhere off of it it just goes away with no effect. I bring this up several times a day scrolling on my phone. If you want to see what it looks like, feel free to click the button to flag this post and you can see what it looks like before dismissing it again. If you want to learn more about how the BBS works or have more questions, check out this thread:

10 Likes

I think you might have hit upon something, with the hoped outcome that Phony Stark is so personally bankrupted by his shenanigans that he has to sell his remaining stock of the two companies, and thus leave them alone in the future.

3 Likes

The wealth should be confiscated and redistributed. Ego is an immaterial attribute, but luckily there are definitely ways it can still be dropped in a wood chipper. How this can be accomplished is a logic exercise for the individual.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Halli knew exactly what he was doing when he posted this in the first place. Most of this would have been easily predictable.

I also recall seeing a note somewhere about financial consequences for Halli’s firing as terms of selling his design company to Twitter. Those sorts of sales don’t usually leave the founder floundering if they’re not fired for extremely clear cause.

I don’t think that Halli’s going to let him off easy and I don’t think he intended to from the beginning. He knows he has leverage on this situation. His track record seems to demonstrate a very dedicated, very savvy individual. His fighting this could be a big gain for disability activists and I think he probably is resourced to stick it out.

12 Likes

I suspect the contrary - that they’re all cringing as he does collateral damage to those companies as well (even if they’re feeling relieved that they don’t have to be the ones to deal with him, and are probably nudging their friends and co-workers and saying, “See, this is the kind of shit we stop him from doing, daily.”). He was just working outside their ability to police him, as they’re company-specific teams.

Yeah, very much a non-apology and lack of understanding of what he did, just an understanding he made himself liable and wants to just make it go away. (Apparently there was another, deleted tweet following up the one where Musk steps in it, saying, of Halli, “He’s the worst.” Elon Musk, projecting again…)

7 Likes

Thank you! This is great.

The way I phrase it with my kids is, if you don’t own your mistakes, how can you possibly own your successes?

9 Likes

Not my creation ça va sans dire. Still I find it sound advice.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.