Musk apologies to disabled Twitter employee by blaming other people

Originally published at: Musk apologies to disabled Twitter employee by blaming other people | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“My mistakes were made; but not by me.”

25 Likes

My vague understanding is that Halli has a massive payout in his contract if he gets terminated. I heard the number “100 million dollars” being thrown around.

15 Likes

22 Likes

Separately, William LeGate , an entrepreneur, showed that Twitter might be on the hook to pay Thorliefsson $100 million as part of his contract. Musk tweeted Tuesday evening that he had spoken with Thorliefsson and decided to keep him on as an employee.

I think there is a lot of speculation on the final number.

38 Likes

Thank You So Much GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

20 Likes

Something Musk and I can agree on apparently: don’t tweet, talk to people

Funny to hear that from the CEO

17 Likes

Sooo. . . Musk is just using the old “Hey, don’t blame me, I was just repeating something I heard people saying”-- a.k.a. the Fox News defense.

17 Likes

I appreciate Boing Boing posting this, but the people who posted this on the previous threads from yesterday should be given credit for this story (no offense intended to Frauenfelder). :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I am not a lawyer, but I don’t think that tweeting a half assed apology for breaking a law necessarily gets you out of trouble.

19 Likes

Angry Zach Galifianakis GIF by BasketsFX

21 Likes

“Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet.”

6 Likes

I wonder if that’s why he hadn’t been formally told that he was fired?

Musk: “Fire him! But don’t tell him that he’s been fired, genius!”

14 Likes

Exactly, it’s something he should have done due diligence about before spending 44 billion on a communication company that’s bad at communicating. I’d suggest to him that if the moderation were better, it could be a decent way to talk to people, but I refuse to wallow about in Twitter.

7 Likes

My impression was “fire this guy he’s useless” and then “wait, what happens if we fire him?? How many dollars?? haha just kidding we never fired him.”

11 Likes

I’m not well versed on the rules of the ADA but does the fact that Halli is based in Iceland matter in terms of standing for a lawsuit? Or is it because Twitter is a US company?

5 Likes

IANAL but it depends on whether he was employed by Twitter Inc. or a by foreign subsidiary.

5 Likes
6 Likes

It’s mind-blowing to think of how much more money and prestige Elon Musk would have today if no one had invented Twitter.

12 Likes

@frauenfelder

Hey, FYI, you repeated your thought/sentence twice, between the end of the first paragraph and the start of the second.

2 Likes