Confederate flag rally results in fender bender

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/16/confederate-flag-rally-on-mlk.html

4 Likes

Too bad they’re not in North Dakota, where they would be free to kill each other via fender benders.

25 Likes

That video is a couple years old but still a fun watch. I hadn’t heard the convoy had anything to do with MLK Day but it wouldn’t surprise me.

ETA: Video appears to date to June 2015, not related to MLK day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/29/confederate-flag-truck-parade_n_7692696.html

27 Likes

Can’t help but to think of this depiction:

Stupid racists.

27 Likes

I’ve seen this before – not from today. It still ends in an accident though.

5 Likes

Believe this wasn’t today. Not sure, but I think this is the aftermath or something to do with a Trump rally this past summer in Massachusetts.

Yes, this appeared on boingboing a few years ago, and was related to the push to remove the confederate flag from being flown on state property.

10 Likes

Can’t hope helping these proud defenders of States’ Rights and promoters of Individual Freedom were striking a blow for Freedom by defying mandatory seat belt laws and disabling their air bags.

16 Likes

What? No one ‘rolling coal’? Amateurs!

17 Likes

How big a laser would you need to melt the head off of a statue of a Confederate general?

Academic question. Asking for a friend.

25 Likes

Couple pounds of thermite would be easier to use than a laser. Not as much fun, though.

4 Likes

Never a good idea to be a racist AND a nimrod.

5 Likes

So they’re not learning from history.

3 Likes

On which days do they fly those flags proudly, and on which days do they remind everyone that historically it was the Democrats who flew those flags? Is there an app I can get for that?

14 Likes

Ah… Dalton GA… making Rome GA feel superior since … I guess the 1850s?

12 Likes

The south will rise again…

Y’all!

5 Likes

Queda.

14 Likes

“dilla”

12 Likes

, Arma?

5 Likes

Stop it, before someone gets hurt.

8 Likes