Confounded Trump's helicopter tantrum further embarrasses

All That What GIF by chelsiekenyon

20 Likes

You just struck me that it’s a weapon in both directions. The aspect which strikes me hardest is the Schroedinger’s Joke. You know; the “joke”, which is just a joke, why are you getting upset about a joke?.. until it’s not a joke. And because they’re “just joking”, it’s ok that they keep repeating it and repeating it and repeating it and it’s hard to spot the exact moment where they’re not joking any more.

Laughter is like any weapon: whether it’s used for good or evil depends on who’s wielding it. And its effect is to normalise.

They’re trying to normalise hatred and degredation with laughter. We’re trying to normalise joy and hope.

21 Likes

Any weapon can strike in whatever direction the wielder desires. Sometimes more effectively than others. It just so happens that the fascist mindset is particularly vulnerable to being the butt of the joke. I suspect they only understand humor as punching down. Their interpretation of being found to be funny is left as an excercise for the reader.

15 Likes

That is my opinion as well. Making fun of someone who has difficulties or issues is right on brand. It’s grotesque.

9 Likes

Oh, really now?

(Maybe that was the joke)

5 Likes

Trump’s melting down, and it looks like he will not only continue but get ever worse and more detached from reality. Difficult to picture, I know. But it looks like he will continue outdoing himself during his undoing.

He is short on public appearances now, and Vance is campaigning instead of him. With worse results.

If he makes it to the debate, who knows? He might show up with the right mix of drugs and desperation to be his version of reasonably coherent. Basically a shouty liar filled with confidence, that unfortunately the press can fall for.

I’m thinking that’s less likely, and I’m also thinking Harris will be better situated to handle it than Biden unfortunately was.

We should be able to depend on the media to actually keep candidates honest on the facts, and not on one party to correct the other party while also actually putting forth a set of considered policies vs. a melted bag of grievances…but here we are.

13 Likes

This “joy” tactic seems to be working for campaigning, but how can it be used as a debate tactic?

5 Likes

By laughing at them, openly, in their faces, instead of giving them the respect they demand but do not deserve, and watching them dissolve into apoplectic purple-faced rage on live TV.

11 Likes

Here’s a fun fact: the high level nuclear codes were all zeroes for decades, because those in charge of that worried that whoever needed to enter them would forget the combination in the heat of the moment.

3 Likes

That still would have been my second guess, after 07 04 1776

7 Likes

The flight records are in the same filing cabinet as his tax returns.

10 Likes

Yeah, howdy, you won’t want the person about to launch the missiles to end the world to have to stop and think for a second or two.

11 Likes

And Melania’s immigration records, and his health care plan, and his infrastructure plan, and his abortion pill stance, and his statement on birth control restrictions, and that significant announcement about ISIS, and…

11 Likes

The original mistake is less concerning, given the nature of memory. It’s easy to misattribute the details, especially if you’ve told the story before in multiple places. You can easily swap people around, especially if the relationship is passing and superficial.

Granted, throwing a fit about it’s concerning. Best action is to shrug and say “A lot happens over decades and I make mistakes sometimes.” Not something that he’s capable of saying, with his superhuman memory and intellect. /s

7 Likes

It wasn’t just a case of Trump forgetting which man he was riding in the helicopter with, though that alone would be pretty bad since the only reason he’d mix up those two particular men was their skin color.

The whole point of Trump sharing the story in the first place was that Willie Brown—who had a long and (at least for a time) romantic relationship with Harris—had supposedly shared a bunch of dirt about Harris with Trump. THAT part appears to stem from nowhere but Trump’s imagination.

11 Likes

Now THAT is a relevant bit I’d missed. Yeah, that’s stupid. Doing all that just to make up nonsense? Yeesh.

5 Likes

“0…0…”

“Good so far sir.”

“NO MY CROWD SIZES WERE MUCH BIGGER THAN ZERO!!!”

5 Likes

Trump is as Trump does.

5 Likes

There’s a joke about Brezhnev opening the 1980 Moscow Olympics:

“O…O…O…O…O”

“Comrade General Secretary, those are the Olympic rings. Your speech is down here.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.