Prepare to be underwhelmed by Trump's press conference

Originally published at: Prepare to be underwhelmed by Trump's press conference - Boing Boing

13 Likes

He’s probably going to announce that they’ve filed a lawsuit to block the Harris/Walz ticket and to force Biden back on the ticket.

38 Likes

Or he is joining Elon’s lawsuit and suing Disney to make it advertise on Truth Media.

31 Likes

According to (IIRC) Michael Cohen, Trump uses that routine as cover for straining to evacuate his bowels into his diaper.

12 Likes

The summary says 2PM PST / 11AM EST but the quote reverses that.

The quote would be correct with 2PM EST / 11AM PST based on physics and reality.

(Though you never know with those guys)

16 Likes

I think he is running out of gas (no pun intended.) He is now hiding out in his 100% safe spaces, won’t be seen anywhere other than on home turf from here on out.

19 Likes

thanks

9 Likes

I’m sure that there must be politicians in the Republican Party who would love to take a shot at an actual campaign, with policies and everything… Well, fuck 'em! They’ve decided to make their bed where Trump shits, so they’ve only got themselves to blame.

53 Likes

Absolutely positively 100% THIS.

They decided to sit on their hands and shut up, so they should sit on their hands and shut up.

29 Likes

I mean, the “Republicans for Harris” movement seems to be picking up some momentum. Launching in New Hampshire today.

We were just watching clips from the Mitt-Obama debate, the whole “we have fewer horses and bayonets today” debate. And it’s just striking to watch two politicians doing a proper debate over actual issues. Like, fuck Mitt Romney but it’s healthy to have an opposing side that actually stands for SOMETHING other than unfettered, nihilistic graft. I miss actual political debate.

27 Likes

It’s pretty clear Trump doesn’t have the energy to do multi-state campaigning like Harris and Walz are doing. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was going to do near-daily press conferences, complete with random ramblings, as a replacement for holding daily rallies. Much like the endless COVID briefings he used to do, most of the networks would probably air the entire things…

16 Likes

Times have changed. Lately stations cut away when he starts the windmill shit.

36 Likes

Some time ago I saw a Fox News clip of the anchors cutting away from him as he started yelling about the 2020 election and they quickly said there was absolutely no evidence for his claims it was “stolen”.

It was good those lawsuits had a real impact.

34 Likes

as far as i can tell, there is no scenario where there is a pleasant end. the real question is, how have they prepared for the potential result in the government ? are we going to get caught with our pants down like last time ?

5 Likes

24 Likes

Well, they have their policy. Project 2025 is their policy — all of their policy. Let them defend it.

I expect, though, that more and more high-ranking Repubs will suddenly realize that, now they think about it, they always suspected that their God-Emperor had no clothes, and they were great admirers of Kamala all along.

22 Likes

That is where having Biden rather than Flatulent Fuehrer in the oval office makes a huge difference. No, I do not believe we will be caught flat footed again. Biden has already been talking about just that thing.

27 Likes

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

20 Likes

If it’s anything more substantial than the usual collection of self-aggrandising boasts, false claims of victimhood, schoolyard insults, casual bigotry, and general lies and BS, I’ll let others inform me about what the sleazy carnival barker has to say.

It would be funny if he dumped Vance from the ticket – an opportunity to laugh at both of them in one go.

19 Likes

I cannot believe that this was scheduled for 14:00 EDT on 8/8. It’s like shouting “Literal Nazis are running my campaign.”

35 Likes