Confusing ads (?) in full post links on bbs

Oh I believe that. I was in such a specialized and huge environment that on job interviews/recruiter screen they find it mind blowing that if the network packet makes past the card on the sever it was another teams issue and same for any apps/code on the server.

3 Likes

This is probably related to the allowed embed selectors site setting. I made some changes to that setting for you about a month ago, but the HTML that’s being supplied by your ad providers seems to have changed. I’ll try to get this fixed right away.

6 Likes

Thank you! I know what I need to change, but I’m not sure how I track down the specific css selector used in a given div - they all seem to be autogenerated with names like widget-<signature>.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was having trouble with that too, but it turns out that’s not the cause of the issue. The problem is related to some recent changes in the Discourse code that is causing the allowed embed selectors site setting to not be respected. We’ll get this fixed for you soon - I’ve got to double check something with our engineering team before making the change.

9 Likes

Oh! Well then!

Thanks for tracking that down.

3 Likes

The issue with non-post content showing up when the Show Full Post button is clicked should now be fixed. Send me a PM on Discourse Meta if you notice more issues with it.

4 Likes

Looks fixed. I’m guessing rebaking all the posts would probably crash the site, but I’ll go back and reload html on a few of the ones mentioned here.

Thank you for tracking this down!

4 Likes

After the fix was deployed I cleared the cache that is used for the expanded posts, so no post rebaking should be required.

8 Likes

Thanks @orenwolf and @scossar for tracking down the glitch and keeping things well oiled.

12 Likes