Congress-preacher Lauren Boebert warns God-lusting women about demons, including Kevin McCarthy

Originally published at: Congress-preacher Lauren Boebert warns God-lusting women about demons, including Kevin McCarthy | Boing Boing

6 Likes

oh, they’re all being used all right. like well-worn tools.

20 Likes

and implied God used her to stand up to him

Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

ETA: I will never not imagine Boebert as an IRL Gretchen Weiners. :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

Boebert is much too eager to throw her fellow Republicans under the incubus.

31 Likes

It wasn’t red, with a little visor.

Like the repubs aren’t weird enough already, Boebert (checks spelling) has to turn it up to 11.

11 Likes

Except I guarantee you Gretchen or ANY high schooler, fictional or otherwise is light years beyond Bobo in the brains department.

4 Likes

Maybe I’m reading too much into this but my first thought is that this is the latest in a series of vicious attacks between Boebert and her now-bitter-rival MTG, whose husband is reportedly divorcing her for infidelity.

13 Likes

God hates what I hate. Wow, what are the odds?

15 Likes

Oh FFSake !

5 Likes

You know, when I see that I can’t help but ask myself how much she lets the fear take the wheel and steer. I know it’s driven her before, and it seems to have a vague haunting mass appeal.

2 Likes

The Freedom Caucus really does want a holy war, because they have absolutely nothing else to rely on.

10 Likes

eric cartman flame GIF by South Park

10 Likes

Kevin McCarthy? Man, we get the lamest demons. It’s like Satan isn’t even trying any more.

8 Likes

I think Satan would be horrified by the evil being done by humanity. The only reason he hasn’t intervened yet is because they are doing it in God’s name.

7 Likes

Nothing [the demon] could think up was half as bad as the stuff [people] thought up themselves. They seemed to have a talent for it. It was built into their design somehow. They were born into a world that was against them in a thousand little ways, and then devoted most of their energies to making it worse.

Neil Gaiman

Favorite

7 Likes

Name and shame; let’s identify the seven deadly sins/layers of Dante’s hell by politicians/spokesweasels, and meme the crap out of them. I’ll kick it off:

Bohbert gets Wrath.

TFG: Pride?

McCarthy: Greed or Envy

3 Likes

Santos*: Sloth

TFG: Gluttony

*Or whatever their name is.

3 Likes

You always go to the lowest level of Hell that you qualify for, and the ninth, lowest, circle is Treachery. All Republicans are doomed to go there.

the second round is named after Antenor, a Trojan soldier who betrayed his city to the Greeks. Here lie the Traitors to their Country: those who committed treason against political entities (parties, cities, or countries) have their heads above the ice, but they cannot bend their necks. Dante accidentally kicks the head of Bocca degli Abati, a traitorous Guelph of Florence, and then proceeds to treat him more savagely than any other soul he has thus far met. Also punished in this level are Buoso da Duera (Ghibelline leader bribed by the French to betray Manfred, King of Naples), Tesauro dei Beccheria (a Ghibelline of Pavia; beheaded by the Florentine Guelphs for treason in 1258), Gianni de’ Soldanieri (noble Florentine Ghibelline who joined with the Guelphs after Manfred’s death in 1266), Ganelon (betrayed the rear guard of Charlemagne to the Muslims at Roncesvalles, according to the French epic poem The Song of Roland), and Tebaldello de’ Zambrasi of Faenza (a Ghibelline who turned his city over to the Bolognese Guelphs on Nov. 13, 1280). The Poets then see two heads frozen in one hole, one gnawing the nape of the other’s neck.

the third region of Cocytus is named after Ptolemy, who invited his father-in-law Simon Maccabaeus and his sons to a banquet and then killed them (1 Maccabees 16).[105] Traitors to their Guests lie supine in the ice while their tears freeze in their eye sockets, sealing them with small visors of crystal – even the comfort of weeping is denied to them. Dante encounters Fra Alberigo, one of the Jovial Friars and a native of Faenza, who asks Dante to remove the visor of ice from his eyes. In 1285, Alberigo invited his opponents, Manfred (his brother) and Alberghetto (Manfred’s son), to a banquet at which his men murdered the dinner guests. He explains that often a living person’s soul falls to Ptolomea before he dies (“before dark Atropos has cut their thread[106]). Then, on earth, a demon inhabits the body until the body’s natural death. Fra Alberigo’s sin is identical in kind to that of Branca d’Oria, a Genoese Ghibelline who, in 1275, invited his father-in-law, Michel Zanche (seen in the Eighth Circle, Bolgia 5) and had him cut to pieces. Branca (that is, his earthly body) did not die until 1325, but his soul, together with that of his nephew who assisted in his treachery, fell to Ptolomaea before Michel Zanche’s soul arrived at the bolgia of the Barrators. Dante leaves without keeping his promise to clear Fra Alberigo’s eyes of ice (“And yet I did not open them for him; / and it was courtesy to show him rudeness”[107]).

7 Likes

This is not the sort of “god-lusting” content I was hoping to see; moving on.

5 Likes

Pretty sure Tucker Carlson qualifies as Traitor to his Guests.

But yeah, almost too much crossover. The extremist right needs to see things framed in verbiage they understand, but Bohbert ain’t their saint.

6 Likes