Congress quack fight between Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert ensues at TPUSA

They’re all members of a club they’d never join because it would accept themselves as a member.

15 Likes

I mean, historically, the house has always been a bit … rough. Everyone talks about the floor fights and the name calling now as if it’s new behavior, but it’s not, it goes all the way back throughout our history. It’s supposed to be a bit more spicy than the senate because it’s supposed to directly represent the people whereas the senate is supposed to represent “the states.”

The house was made for people like MTG and Lauren Boebert and all these flash in the pan fads that represent the reactionary whims of the people. That’s why they only get two year terms. That’s not always a bad thing, though. AOC would never have gotten elected to the senate but absolutely has locked down a seat in the house.

17 Likes

Nope. But that’s the way Republicans like it. Idiots voting for assholes.

12 Likes

The US is also not alone in this. I mean, watch a session of UK Parliament sometime. It’s like a schoolyard brawl where it’s all bullies and they’ve all read Elizabeth Barrett Browning (and want you to know it).

15 Likes

It’s a grift. Like a lot Republicans in their their money club.
Soon, there will be NFT trader cards for $99?
BtW, this photo is not either woman just used to illustrate suggested trader cards.

6 Likes

There’s a longstanding (if likely apocryphal) claim that the aisle running down the central chamber in the House of Commons was designed to be two sword-lengths wide so that opposing factions couldn’t draw weapons on each other.

16 Likes

I forget the circumstances, but Twain told a story about being challenged to a duel, and when asked his choice of weapon, he suggested axes. They’re both ”party of Lincoln”, and Washington was also famous for his use of the hatchet, so it would be a classically American way to settle disputes.

7 Likes

Same here.

18 Likes

Maybe, but don’t overthink it. And in this case, thinking at all qualifies as overthinking.

12 Likes

All time these two horrifying gargoyles spend attacking one another is time they don’t have to ruin the lives of decent people - so carry on girls!

8 Likes

It’s gross but I also kind of like how very blatant Greene is about this shit. “We gave her campaign money, not because we believe she has good ideas or policies, but because we expected her to do as she was told.
Yep. Lay it all out there. I hope they bring each other down, and Gaetz and others with them.

22 Likes

I always feel that “quietly getting shit done” should be the goal of politicians. I want to have to research their voting record. Not these ninnies, who are known internationally, and not because of the groundbreaking ideas they’ve brought to the table as public servants.

17 Likes

A soccer fan I worked with used to describe the local derby (Blues vs Villa) as “two drunks fighting over a cigarette butt”; I don’t know why that popped in to my brain. :thinking:

That’s what I was thinking, too.

10 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Obviously, for the recent election, Sen. Rev. Warnock ran on his record in the senate, but the only time I hear about Sen. Ossoff on the radio is when he’s sponsored or worked on some legislation of note (a recent bill on opioid crisis, and the hearings he was involved in about various aspects of prisons operate), but that was because of how they directly impacted the local community… But it’s about the work, not about them glorifying themselves.

23 Likes

…fight between Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert ensues

The best way that sentence can end is…

17 Likes

I picture something more “pre-owned” when I am unfortunate enough to think of Turning Point.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Go for it!

14 Likes

:confused:

5 Likes

MTG seems like one those people where the one thing worse than having her as an adversary is having her as an ally.

17 Likes