Connected sex-toy allows for code-injection attacks on a robot you wrap around your genitals

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/22/blowjob-fingerprinting.html

5 Likes

a robot you wrap around your genitals

Um, no thanks.

8 Likes

I am not wholly averse to such an idea. But they had better make sure it doesn’t ask for alimony when it’s time to upgrade.

(they’re just jokes, people.)

2 Likes

That’s to techie for me. Could we have an Alice, Bob and Charlie explanation?

6 Likes

Talk about getting screwed! /rimshot

shows self the door

5 Likes

Let’s just hope nobody finds out about the Vagina Dentata command.

10 Likes

“Connected sex-toy allows for code-injection attacks on a robot you wrap around your genitals” sounds a lot scarier than, “malicious code causes your sex-toy to vibrate oddly,” I guess.

4 Likes

Seems like hacking this would be a lot of work with not a lot of pay off. I mean, if there is no shot at money, why even do it?

2 Likes

For the happy ending, I guess.

4 Likes

I’ve waited my whole life for a robot that wraps around my genitals.

4 Likes

There’s totally a basis here for a gritty cyberpunk novella about sexually-transmitted computer viruses - maybe sort of like what Stephenson did in The Diamond Age.

Or at least another Chuck Tingle story, anyway.

7 Likes

Hey, whatever floats your boat.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s the same danger as every cheapo embedded device we hang off our home wi-fi network: once the hacker has something - anything - running their code they can use it to call home and open the door to hack all the stuff you actually care about.
At a bare minimum these devices would be linked to an online account with an email, password and maybe some credit card data.

2 Likes

eventually there will be a kink for this

2 Likes

Is this like 1 800 Flowers?

Hey, this florist shop is cool!

The-Sex-Robots-Are-Coming

3 Likes

Jeez that really sucks!
Follows @Bonivus_elderheart out

1 Like

are these stories related?

7 Likes

Way too small a robot. In order for me to get busy with maximum efficiency, I need a girl with a 400-ton booty.

3 Likes

There are always more Chuck Tingle stories.

5 Likes

You… do you mean like my genitals?

4 Likes